• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What can stool tests reveal with regards to FTM treatment?

Guwop2

I’ve seen a number of tests that people are having in preparation for FTM treatment, and I was wondering what exactly is revealed in these tests that confirms whether people go ahead with the treatment? I’ve not had a comprehensive stool analysis with regards to getting a gut profile, but my gut is so central to my illness that it seems I should probably get one anyway...despite having somewhat figured out what triggers me and a probiotic that helps..so will these test just reiterate these things or could they offer me more valuable info? I currently manage my illness, but live on a tightrope with regards to getting ill again. In fact it has been a recent relapse, owing to Hand-sanitizer ingestion (i suspect), that has kind of forced me into looking into some other things therapies (thus the FTM).

p.s a test I was looking at was the kyberkontakt pro one - https://www.mikrooek.de/en/laborato...ommunity/microbiota-diagnostics/kyberkompakt/

p.p.s I have ME/CFS

Last edited: