What are the causes of high Carboxyhemoglobin in blood?

Peyt

Hi,
Can anyone educate me on what would be the common causes of high Carboxyhemoglobin in the blood?
Is there any specific microbes or bacteria that can cause high Carboxyhemoglobin?
Thanks

Moof

I think the main causes are breathing in carbon monoxide and/or cigarette smoke. I only know this because years ago I was exposed to a faulty gas appliance for a time whilst cat-sitting for a mate, and ended up with mild CO poisoning! Luckily I felt so crap that I had the windows open full-time, or both me and the cat could have been in a much worse state......

Anyway, once I'd realised the boiler outlet had got blocked, I went to a clinic to get checked out. They monitored things like carboxyhaemoglobin, to make sure the CO was being flushed out of my system.

CFS_for_19_years

Hoarder of biscuits
Carbon monoxide
Methylene chloride
Smoking

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4995038/
Endogenous carbon monoxide production has been reported to be increased during sepsis, but carboxyhemoglobin levels have not been thoroughly evaluated as a biomarker of sepsis.
I can't tell you if any specific microbe that might cause sepsis would be responsible for increased carboxyhemoglobin levels.