• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Wesselly interview in Yorkshire Post

G

Gerwyn

This is from an interview given by Simon Wesselly to the Yorkshire post

Published Date:
22 June 2009
By Sheena Hastings

Prof Wessely is disliked by some CFS sufferers and support groups. "People want biological explanations and treatments, but we have definitely shown the importance of psychological factors," he says. "The people who don't like me are not the thousands of people I have treated over the years. The opinion I care about most comes from my patients and my peers."

Anyone care to write to the Yorkshire post ?

justinreilly

Everybody Loves Dr. Wessely!

Yes!

Do you have a link to the article?

Here he's saying one of his favorite of the many lies he regularly tells- that none of his patients complain! He must not have seen Ean Proctor being interviewed on the Panorama documentary. Or read the post of the Wessely patient here who was more than a little displeased to put it diplomatically. And something makes me think that they were not the only two who were less than overjoyed with Dr. Wessely's 'treatment.'

The fact that he keeps saying this bald faced lie in the media disgusts me more than even most of his other lies. It's like Dr. Mengele being quoted uncritically and repeatedly in the media saying "How dare anyone criticize me. All my patients love me!"

Otis

Señor Mumbler
Yes!

Do you have a link to the article?

Here he's saying one of his favorite of the many lies he regularly tells- that none of his patients complain! He must not have seen Ean Proctor being interviewed on the Panorama documentary. Or read the post of the Wessely patient here who was more than a little displeased to put it diplomatically. And something makes me think that they were not the only two who were less than overjoyed with Dr. Wessely's 'treatment.'

The fact that he keeps saying this bald faced lie in the media disgusts me more than even most of his other lies. It's like Dr. Mengele being quoted uncritically and repeatedly in the media saying "How dare anyone criticize me. All my patients love me!"

Here's the link:
http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/features/Professor-on-the--frontline.5387532.jp