• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Water Quality - Looking for Advice

Tiger Lily 813

Hi all, I’m looking for resources and solutions to deal with water issues. I’m at a point now where I’m deciding where to move and I’m overwhelmed by trying to pick a good water place. Because I have issues with minerals and immunity, water is a big deal for me.

I was looking at the EWG tap water website and also just searching the city name/water quality online, and often I would find news articles that conflicted with the test results… how confusing!

Do you know any places that are better/worse?

Or have any resources that are especially helpful when researching the water of a given area?

Also, even if I would live in a place where the water is healthy initially, I know it can pick up metals along the way.

I’d be interested in hearing about any sink and shower filters that remove lead and iron or bacteria.

I’ve used the Berkey shower filter for chlorine and it really worked well for me, but it didn't work for me when I (temporarily) lived in a place with well water...

Thanks!

Last edited:

Tammy

I’ve used the Berkey shower filter for chlorine and it really worked well for me, but it didn't work for me when I (temporarily) lived in a place with well water...
Besides the Berkey shower filter.................have you tried their water filter?

*GG*

Hi all, I’m looking for resources and solutions to deal with water issues. I’m at a point now where I’m deciding where to move and I’m overwhelmed by trying to pick a good water place. Because I have issues with minerals and immunity, water is a big deal for me.

I was looking at the EWG tap water website and also just searching the city name/water quality online, and often I would find news articles that conflicted with the test results… how confusing!

Do you know any places that are better/worse?

Or have any resources that are especially helpful when researching the water of a given area?

Also, even if I would live in a place where the water is healthy initially, I know it can pick up metals along the way.

I’d be interested in hearing about any sink and shower filters that remove lead and iron or bacteria.

Thanks!

So do you want to be on well water? If it is your private well, it is Not likely to have chlorine in it. Some water systems operations add fluoride, so I would image you don't want that in your source water?

Filters don't remove bacteria, and they can actually add bacteria. Not all bacteria are bad, you have lots of bacteria in your gut, or at least I hope you do :)

Where are you willing to move to?

GG