• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Watching Unrest again, I'm noticing something.

Starsister

I feel like I have sciatica sometimes too

My legs will get heavy...pins and needles

I don't know if it's small fiber neuropathy or something more mechanical in nature

I have a Trendelenburg gait so my hips are lopsided also which doesn't help things
I have had the numbness..neuropathy in hands and feet for over 20 years and am just now putting it together that it is related to the CFS or Epstein Barr virus. No drs have cared about pursuing the cause of it since I don't have diabetes or chemo etc. and similar pins and needles all over body which I am defining as allodynia regardless of the label parathesia that the rheumy gave.

Mel9

I have had the numbness..neuropathy in hands and feet for over 20 years and am just now putting it together that it is related to the CFS or Epstein Barr virus. No drs have cared about pursuing the cause of it since I don't have diabetes or chemo etc. and similar pins and needles all over body which I am defining as allodynia regardless of the label parathesia that the rheumy gave.

weekly VitB12 injections are reducing my leg neuropathy.

Starsister

weekly VitB12 injections are reducing my leg neuropathy.
Interesting, thanks for sharing that. I had been constant with sublingual b 12...for many years.. I heard it was equivalent to the shots and I hate needles so was hoping.... But my neuropathy has continued to get worse or now stable. A few months ago had large list of labs done and my b12 was so far over normal that they flagged it, my b6 was very high also and neurologist told me to stop taking b 6 as he said it makes it worse. I looked over my lab results over the last 20 hears and my b12 is consistently high out of normal range. I read a theory somewhere that perhaps b 12 can test high maybe because we are having a problem USING it...does that make sense @Mel9 or anyone?

My brother has serious psychotic depression and tests showed his body doesn't absorb b from food so he's given himself daily or weekly shots of b12 for years. He made a point to tell me as b issues tend to run in families. He is diabetic but has no neuropathy. I'm not but do!

Yes, yes, and yes! This thread really resonates with me. I have been a lifetime leg-crosser. As my symptoms have progressed, including circulatory issues, I've taken a variety of semi-unconscious postural approaches: standing on one leg, rocking back and forth, elevating legs, etc. I also notice that I often wake-up with clenched hands (fists) and jaw. Ugh.