• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Washington Post profile of Laura Hillenbrand

shannah

I just finished reading it as well. Very well written. Lengthy article - almost an educational ad for CFS in itself wasn't it.

OverTheHills

Oh dear (sniff, wipes away tear).

That article reminds me of my first outing after I got IT. My partner took me for a ride in the car and we stopped somewhere with a good long, green view of hills. And opened the car doors so I could smell outside air. Then back home to lie down and rest. Only someone who has really got IT would understand how small the pleasures and the acheivements have to be.

Well done to Laura and Monica for writing the article (couldn't see anywhere to leave comments).
OTH

shannah

Comments can be left underneath the picture of Laura - a couple of boxes down in the centre of the page.

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
that's a great article; thanks for posting :D

That part where he sent her a purple heart was very touching!

laura

Thanks for posting such a great article.

I'd read another article about Hillenbrand and her new book, but this one is better, it describes cfs so well... especially that core experience we all have of not being able to engage with the world, having life pass us by...

I hope many people read the article!