• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Washington post ad winner - virus ad - in post monday 6 december! This monday!

muffin

Ad Winner, Publication Monday Posted by tina on December 5th, 2010 at 4:12 am

WASHINGTON POST AD WINNER IS THE VIRUS AD - TO BE POSTED IN THE WASHINGTON POST THIS MONDAY, 6 DECEMBER 2010
We have much pleasure in announcing that the Virus Ad will go forward for publication in The Washington Post. It will appear in the Dec. 6 issue. This striking, accurate and bold ad received 51% of the patient votes. A total of 431 patients participated in the voting. We want to thank Lynn Bousquet for her time and sharing her 20 years of advertising experience to our MCWPA effort.

We also want to thank all who worked so hard in donating their time in the design of these hard-hitting ads. Many patients said that they had trouble deciding because they were all good, in their own way. Patient feedback a few weeks ago contributed greatly to the end result.

Go here to see the final version. http://mcwpa.org/2010/12/ad-winner-publication-monday/

We also noticed that many patients went to great effort, asking relatives and printing the ads to see which one they liked the best. This shows great interest and the realization that this is important. We are making history. Our action is unprecedented.

We will be saving the other ads and will be using some of the information on the MCWPA website. Please take some time and see the additions we have made to this website recently. We also will save them for possible future publication.

Look for announcements in the Patient Discussion forum in the next 48 hours with instructions on how you can use this ad so it has a bigger impact.

Also, we will continue to use our Facebook Cause page for keeping you informed of matters as they develop.

We will also be sending a press release to international news media.

MCWPA TEAM -- WWW.MCWPA.ORG

RivkaRivka

congratulations. a job very very very well done!!!! this is so exciting. thank you for all your hard work, MCWPA Team!

muffin

Great job by many people

Thanks rivka - you were a major help in so many aspects of advocacy!!!!

Thank you to tina tidmore who kept this campaign going and here we are!
With the ad going to hit in a 1/2 page ad of the washington post on monday 6 december!!!

pictureofhealth

XMRV - L'Agent du Jour
Its a GREAT ad! Stunning visual appeal.

We were discussing on another forum though, and someone pointed out that we cannot find 'XMRV' in there. We can see 'retrovirus' and references to AIDS/HIV but not XMRV? Is it there? Or was it deliberate decision to leave it out because of debate over MLV's also?

Apologies if I've missed it, or looking at the wrong ad or something.

Anyway, it is stunning and should have a huge impact - excellent.

RivkaRivka

muffin, YOU have been amazing on this campaign. thank YOU!!! (and tina and the whole gang, of course!!!!!!! what a team!!!!)

jimbob

ME/CFS84-XMRV+
Thanks everyone involved for all your hard work, as it turns out, this was my favorite one. Signed up for free w.p. week, can't wait to see it in action. Will start sending to govt officials as soon as it hits. I hope this knocks their socks off and really turns things around.

Nielk

The best ad won!!
Now let's hope for the best and most hoped for reactions to it.

Lynn

Signed up for free w.p. week, can't wait to see it in action. Will start sending to govt officials as soon as it hits. I hope this knocks their socks off and really turns things around.

Hi jimbob,

What is free w.p. week? And can I still get in on it?

Lynn

muffin

ALL of the ADs were Amazing and will be used

It was almost impossible for many of us to pick which AD to go with this first round. They were all so amazing and well done.

If you want to thank someone for this huge effort - thank Tina Tidmore. Without this one person really nothing would have moved and gotten accomplished. It's that simple.

There are also the many people behind the scenes who killed themselves working late into the night, getting sick, getting back up - and their names are not known. These modest folks deserve huge amounts of credit and thanks.

Also, the members who joined, provided major input and ideas, and donations. Without those members there would be no major media campaign.

Once the AD hits the Washington Post - do as Tina suggests. Her ideas are well thought through and well really get us HUGE attention from the very tiny local health departments all the way up to the President. Think I'm joking? Wait until this week and see what the reactions to this AD and press Release will be. Amazing.

Thank you all - And thank you Tina most especially.:balloons:
Just Muffin...:confused:

beesknees

Thanks for all the hard work, Tina. You're the BEST!!!!!!!!

On another note does anyone know how or where to get the newspaper? I'd love to have the actual paper.

Tony

Still working on it all..
Just a guess but your nearest major city is likely to have an international bookshop/newsagency that will either stock it or get it in for you.

I reckon Tina rolls too!...:)