• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Wash. Post: Forty percent of people with coronavirus infections have no symptoms. Nature study, NIH blog re T cells and COVID-19 immunity

Gingergrrl

Here are a couple of excerpts from the article which might answer some of your questions:

The strangest coincidence just happened @Mary... I was reading your post above (while my TV was on in the background) and all of the sudden Dr. Monica Gandhi from your article was being interviewed by Anderson Cooper on CNN about the article and she was talking about the exact things that I was reading in your post. That was so bizarre!

There was another guest with Dr. Gandhi from Mayo but I did not catch his name. They are definitely theorizing that some people can have cross protection to COVID from other vaccines (like influenza & pneumonia vaccines) and also that wearing a mask (if you are exposed to COVID) lessens the viral load so you are more likely to get a mild or asymptomatic case than if you had a major COVID exposure without a mask. So wearing the mask definitely protests the wearer in addition to protecting those around them.

They didn't talk about having potential immunity from Memory T-cells if you have had a different, prior Coronavirus but they only had limited time. It was really interesting. I would love to be tested in the future to see if I have already had an asymptomatic case of COVID.

Mary

Moderator Resource
That was so bizarre!
Small world! :jaw-drop: That was good news about the masks - maybe leading to less severe cases and more immunity - hopefully!

I would love to be tested in the future to see if I have already had an asymptomatic case of COVID.
Wouldn't just a regular antibody test (if there is a reliable one, am not sure if there is one yet) give you this information? Actually my new doctor's office said they are only doing the antibody testing - I don't know which test so have no idea how reliable it is, but I could find out more if you like and send you a PM - just let me know -