• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

was anyone worse these past two weeks? (US and Canada)

Sherlock

Boswellia for lungs and MC stabllizing
There was the usual common cold virus going around the U.S., which AFAIK comes along with the start of school. I wasn't around any kids, but I got it anyway for about 4-5 days and things peaked on Saturday. Headache, fatigue, sore muscles.

maddietod

I didn't get it, but my 22 year old,, living in Baltimore (MD) got it. She had a little vomiting thrown in, too.

IreneF

I've had a cold, but no sniffling or sneezing. Mostly in my sinuses and ears. My ears are still stuffed up but not painful.

I had it, pretty mild though so I really can't complain. I thought I had an earache at first but it turned into a sore throat and swollen gland on the right side of my throat. It was gone after a few days.

Sherlock

Boswellia for lungs and MC stabllizing
Thanks for the replies, the reason I'd asked is this: I hadn't had fatigue for a long time, since suppressing candida. But at the peak of this virus cold on Saturday afternoon, I seemed to be undergoing an intensification of CFS symptoms - including the return of fatigue. The most curious was that my leg muscles were not recovering from exercise. Having been reading others' stories of severe post exercise problems, I'd begun thinking that I had maybe entered a downward spiral that I might not get out of.

But on Sunday morning, I was okay again - cold symptoms were mostly gone and leg muscles were good. It seemed as if inflammation from the cold virus had affected muscle state. But no one else seems to have experienced the same.