• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Warning about inosine plus dmae

Davsey27

Earlier this morning I took 500mg of inosine with 250mg of dmae in attempts to mimick the medication
Isoprinosine.From my experience these compounds are nothing alike isoprinosine which I found more beneficial at 500mg a day.A medication I brought from mexico.

I felt somewhat stimulated and thought good I'm getting energy normalization.Then I went outside for
5 mins in the polluted air in Northern california for
some sunslight...it was a false sense of energy

Felt quite dizzy and confused

It's possible that the airpolluton with the wildfire in california was a trigger and it seems that with me/CFS stimulants are best to be avoided.I took 2.5mg of klonopin per cheney and seem to feel a bit better

It's possible anything that is a stimulant in many cases can kill neurons as potentially me/cfs is somewhat of a mini seizure state

This has been my experience with benzos quieting things down and allowing greater clarity of thought
though they may have their own dependency issues

I will be more cautious with stimulants in the future

Last edited:

Hip

That's interesting that you found inosine + DMAE different to Imunovir (isoprinosine), and found it overstimulating. I wonder if you reduced the amount of DMAE (eg 100 mg), maybe that would be more tolerable.

Just to provide some context: one forum member in this post proposed that inosine + DMAE would be able to create a home-made version of Imunovir. See this post for info.

Note however that even with the real Imunovir, some patients have benefited, but I have seen reports of patients being made worse after Imunovir.

And Dr Ros Vallings in NZ reports Imunovir helps 33% of ME/CFS patients, but 10% cannot tolerate it.

Nico

Earlier this morning I took 500mg of inosine with 250mg of dmae in attempts to mimick the medication
Isoprinosine.From my experience these compounds are nothing alike isoprinosine which I found more beneficial at 500mg a day.A medication I brought from mexico.

I felt somewhat stimulated and thought good I'm getting energy normalization.Then I went outside for
5 mins in the polluted air in Northern california for
some sunslight...it was a false sense of energy

Felt quite dizzy and confused

It's possible that the airpolluton with the wildfire in california was a trigger and it seems that with me/CFS stimulants are best to be avoided.I took 2.5mg of klonopin per cheney and seem to feel a bit better

It's possible anything that is a stimulant in many cases can kill neurons as potentially me/cfs is somewhat of a mini seizure state

This has been my experience with benzos quieting things down and allowing greater clarity of thought
though they may have their own dependency issues

I will be more cautious with stimulants in the future

Do you think inosine causes that neutoxicity "seizure-like" state? Or could it be something else? I took 125 mg yesterday to try it and am still affected today (hard to fall asleep, only 6 hrs sleep). I'm not sure I'll take it today.

godlovesatrier

That's not a very long experiment no offence. I mean if you felt really unwell then yes quite right to stop.

But on famvir and valtrex I had energy for about a day or two and then the herx really kicked in and I felt like crap. In my experience though and others Inosine just increases inflammation, unclear if it raises NK cells or not. I tried it for awhile but in my own case I couldn't sleep on it, the insomnia was terrible and it was wearing me out on total lack of sleep.

So just thought I'd mention it, you might need to try it for longer, I do think it takes time for these drugs to penetrate tissues deeply hence ic50 dosages and long enough to let the immune system mop up. Not saying immune modulators can't work but depends what virus you've got I guess.

But looks like Nico had a similair issue to me, even if I took 50mg a day I couldn't sleep properly, the dose made no difference.