• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vote once from anywhere to win $17,000 for MEandYou by Sat 1 June!

Sasha

Fine, thank you

Sasha

Fine, thank you
The instructions (Google translated and a little polished by me, who doesn't read Norwegian!) read:

Thank you for a wonderful engagement, 10 finalists have now been selected. We provide 1,000 krone per km. Steinar J. Olsen is the Southern cross for a purpose you decide! Vote for your favorite here! Click Like and Share with your friends, and please write in the comments why exactly your favorite should win. The vote takes place while Steinar J. Olsen is on tour, stay tuned to see how big dollar amount is!​

So Steinar J Olsen, head of Stormberg, the company running the contest, is on a charity walk and getting paid by the mile. MEandYou has made it through a nomination phase and what determines the winner is now votes. Comments are purely optional.

There's a close competitor, by the way - a charity called NOAH. We're currently leading with 1,004 votes (that shot up 60 between me reading the Co-cure email and composing my post, so that's good!) and NOAH have 850.

Let's pile those votes on!

Thank you for writing this, Sasha, and thank you, Helle, for helping spread the contest!

I just wrote on our Facebookpage-wall something I want to share with you as well:

Dear all friends! I really appreciate all the votes and the comments which explains why it´s important to get more research AND knowledge on ME, through clinical trials and, not least, by informing others about the illness, so the ill might be treated better, as I decided that the goal for MEandYou is.

BUT: Please. Talk friendly about MEandYou, and do not fall into the pit and talk negative of other finalists. It sure is a lot of feelings and engagement when you burn for something important to you, but if others get angry or irritated, look upon it as despair - in the same way as lot of the ME-sick finds themselves.

So: Please talk nice and positive about MEandYou, but please avoid using Stormberg-page to quarrel. Because: EVERY cause is a good one, and everyone has a burning . From Maria

Thank you for your clicking-time :thumbsup:

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Yes indeed, let's not be arguing on a charity site! :eek: We are all ambassadors for our illness.

Maria gave me some interesting information about the guy doing the walk. Steinar J Olsen is the owner of Stormberg, the company running the contest. He gives a certain amount of his profits to preserve the climate, hires a certain percentage of his staff who have been ill, often with psychiatric diagnoses, or former drug use and so on. He doesn't just pay out for the right causes, he cares about them and actually participates, for instance in climate demonstrations. A very likeable and well-reputed man in Norway, Maria says.

Here's the company blog, that includes his trek:

http://www.stormberg.com/blog/

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Maria has just told me that you don't have to click the little head and shoulders, just click that button.

My bad! I'll edit the first post accordingly.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
We've had some heavy voting: MEandYou currently at 1,674 and NOAH at 1,096 so we're up about 600 and they're up 200 since five hours ago.

Maria tells me that NOAH have a ton of likes on Facebook so we can't afford to mess about - it's $17k of free money, guys! All pile on! Tell your friends! Win, win, win! :)

Sasha

Fine, thank you
It's now our 1,878 to their 1,236 so we're holding about 600 ahead as of an hour and a half ago.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the next few hours as we're moving into bedtime for Europe (it's11:40 pm in Norway now and 10:40 pm in the UK). Let's see if we've got more US, Canadian and Australian supporters than they have!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
This morning, MEandYou have 2,160 but NOAH are still on our heels at 1,520.

We've held that 600 difference overnight but it might not be enough - NOAH have 28,000 likes on Facebook and MEandYou have about a tenth of that. We're winning at this point only because we're trying harder per person!

If you haven't voted yet, do it now - and tell your friends! :)

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Exactly an hour since my last post and votes are coming in at more than one a minute!

MEandYou are now 2,237 and NOAH are 1,582. So we're up 77, they're up 62... and that's just in an hour.

Remember, voting closes when this guy stops walking! That's supposed to be Saturday. We don't have long!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Our 2,727 to their 2,614 - just 113 in front now.

All hands to the pumps!

Big scope here for those of us in the US and Canada to pull us ahead here - it's late evening here in Europe now and we'll all be off to bed soon.