• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

tootsieroll

ok i've been dealing with hemorrhaging since 2018 along with all my other symptoms. I'm a female. I just had a revelation. This all started after my doctor gave me glutathione to detox my liver in 2018. Hemorrhage happened briefly back in 2016 i believe after i tried Low dose naltraxone but doctor concluded it was a polyp in uterus and I had surgery. Ive been in withdrawals from SSRIS since 2010 when that happened and then withdrawals from short benzo use in 2014. Given antibiotics for couple months in 2013 for Lyme disease at that point too. The glutathione is the one that messed me up and I never stopped bleeding and it's now 2023. Im currently in another episode right now. thank God i use acupuncture on myself to stop it.

My liver and gut are royally damaged. Did low dose naltrexone cause liver damage back in 2016? What did gluthathione do to my liver? I suspected it caused gut imbalance due to it's sulfuric nature also. It may be a factor but how will i know it's that or my liver? Liver numbers came back normal when bleeding started in 2018. Any time I tinker with my gut I also bleed. i took a hair analysis recently and noticed it said i was deficient in Vitamin k1...not k2. May explain why K2 I've been taking doesn't help my anti-coagulation. Blood is thin, runny and bright red. I believe I started bleeding once when I took probiotics. Maybe I need to be sufficient in Vit K1 before I can start healing SIBO or SIFO gut and liver. I tried BPC-157 but couldnt tolerate 1/4 pill, also not sure if it's due to effect on gut or liver. I would be wide awake and jittery. Just remembered I had a genetics test and was told my liver doesn't detox on 2 levels, hence why doctor gave glutathione. Any insight?

EDIT: bleeding starting in 2018 was not thin watery blood. Bright thin blood only started recently in 2023 when I first tried black seed oil for gut and then Activated Charcoal for endotoxins. They had great effects on flattening my distended tummy after one dose but then the bleeding arrived profusely with the thinner blood. Does eradicating gut bacteria cause inflammation which in turn inflames uterus. Distended gut didnt appear till 2020 when I used ozone water. At the time I was desperate to stop bleeding and didnt realize I needed to use probiotics. Eventually tried probiotics later and it caused it to bring on the floods. Im in a “chicken or the egg” situation. Just did some acupuncture and found a bottle of Vitamin K1 and took 200 mcg. My current deluge has now slowed down a bit and is a darker red. Not sure how to dose. I can’t believe this….its been years. Now I need to figure out what is what.

tootsieroll

It just dawned on me the time I bled on LDN, I was at the hospital and my INR results came back normal. Now years later I am Vitamin K1 deficient. My INR must have changed by now. I wonder if LDN damaged my liver and it was the culprit of all this. Then throw in Benzo withdrawals for years and my liver is just done. If so, how come the liver never healed correctly. Cirrhosis? Lyme? I thought liver heals itself quickly.

Vit K deficiency can be caused by EPI (with or without pancreatitis) and can similarly be caused by
Crohn's disease or certain Imflammatory Bowel diseases. All these can interfere with fat soluable vitamins like Vit K

tootsieroll

@Judee hi! No I am not menopausal.

@cheeseater I may have an issue with my pancreas. The left side of my neck has a constant burning pain. I heard its very telling of pancreas issues since right side would indicate Liver issues. How do I test pancreas? Will supplementing vitamin K1 work in the meantime?

@tootsiroll to test for EPI they run stool analysis. The one they look at closely is the "fecal elastase" numbers.
Anything down to 200 is considered normal, with 100-200 being a probable deficiency, and anything under 100 being an extreme deficiency.

They may also run a stool fat test to see if your body is digesting fats or not, but the FE1 elastase number is the one they seem to go by.

When you have Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency (EPI) your body has impaired ability to break down the fat soluable nutrients. A, E, D & K.

I am an odd duck with EPI, as apparently I do not have pancreatitis (confirmed by CT scan). Most people with EPI also have pancreatitis. A few have gluten intolerance, and the EPI usually resolves after time of no gluten for a long enough period.

tootsieroll

@tootsiroll to test for EPI they run stool analysis. The one they look at closely is the "fecal elastase" numbers.
Anything down to 200 is considered normal, with 100-200 being a probable deficiency, and anything under 100 being an extreme deficiency.

They may also run a stool fat test to see if your body is digesting fats or not, but the FE1 elastase number is the one they seem to go by.

When you have Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency (EPI) your body has impaired ability to break down the fat soluable nutrients. A, E, D & K.

I am an odd duck with EPI, as apparently I do not have pancreatitis (confirmed by CT scan). Most people with EPI also have pancreatitis. A few have gluten intolerance, and the EPI usually resolves after time of no gluten for a long enough period.
Sorry can't believe i missed this. Is gluten free the only way to resolve EPI? What's the resolution if one has EPI and pancreatitis?