• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vitamin D levels not rising after high dose, why?

Rufous McKinney

internet is the worst place to get any information.

thought I"d toss in there....

1) the internet was invented, they claimed, to enable scientists to share information....now most of this information is paywalled;

2)the texts which form the basis of chinese traditional medicine are not "online". Just saying. The substance of that entire protocol is obtained by careful study and reviewing very gnarly complex information which isn't on the internet and likely never will be. People are self prescribing without training, know nothing about the system and just read who knows what, online.

linusbert

little update,

my vitamin D levels seams to have risen to 37ng/ml over the last 3 month.
i do not know where this rise came from.
i continued to use 40.000 vitamin D once per week (or 2x20000 per week).
i switched from high dose supplement 10.000iu per drop to a low dose 500iu per drop supplement. maybe that penetrated better (though the side effects were equally strong).
or, after taking over 1.200.000 (1,2 million) IU of vitamin D over the last 9 month, the fat stores finally got saturated and now the blood values rise.
(btw i was using TUDCA for 4 weeks now)

anyways i am happy about that. i hope my asthma starts to improve now - which by now absolutely doesnt look like it. i hope it just takes a bit time.

my diabetes continued to improve to A1C of 5.9 , thats not diabetic anymore.
still taking meds and insulin, though i am lowering doses every few weeks with same blood levels.

what worsened were my triglyzerides and cholesterol ratios, i used to have high HDL of like 50-55 and ldl in the 145 range. the ratio was good.
now my HDL fell to 45 and the LDL rose to 155.
thats a really bad development and somehow contradicts the other diabetes markers. maybe it was because they measured after meal or something, i dont know.
or the TUDCA had bad effects on ratio.

all 3 liver markers for increased enzymatic activity are now well in the good range.
could be further improvement through TUDCA which is said to have this effect or its due to continued low glucose values.

also blood marker for inflammation is high(er).
the value used was BSG in german (ESR). its 20/30 , which seams bad.
i had in 2021 a value of 8.

also i still seam to have problems with bones and mineralisation. judged by worsening of teeth and bone pains of old injuries. i have the feeling its related to the vitamin D. my fear is that the body is mobilizing calcium from bones instead of food.
i dont know what the culprit is. i take magnesium and potassium. a little bit of salt.
trying MCHA (calcium phosphate) seams to induce muscle pain and cramping tendencies.
vitamin k2mk4 i am already taking.

in case someones interested, thats current labor:
1689069161792.png

1689069185446.png

1689069222938.png

Last edited:

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
I saw this yesterday when looking at things on resveratrol: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16267019/

Primarily this line towards the bottom of the study: "Moreover, resveratrol up-regulates dose-dependently the expression of 1,25(OH)2D3 nuclear receptor."

That makes me wonder if it would help Vitamin D get into the cells better, that is if it is converting correctly. ???

However another study said regarding dose dependent that only low amounts are needed unless one is treating cancer as too much can cause problems too: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2990065/ (Long study that datadragon quoted. I'm not able to read the whole thing but when I did a search I think they were saying low dose is mcg rather than mg.)