• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

vitamin c and Ascorbic Acid

fishboy9320

Is vitamin C a precursor of pure Ascorbic Acid? I have injected both, vitamin C causes pain and Ascorbic Acid causes like some sort of meat smell that I can sense inside of my nose and throat that lasts some hours. But for some reason I like Ascorbic Acid much better more stronger benefits. Is the smell a sign of detox and it being used by my body effectively against an type of infection etc?

Last edited:

Shanti1

Administrator
Ascorbic acid is vitamin C and is the preparation most commonly used in injections. Sometimes sodium ascorbate (also vitamin C) is used in IVs instead of ascorbic acid. The difference is the H+ ion is replaced with Na+, which makes it less acidic on entry into the vein.

I'm not sure what accounts for the difference you feel between the two products, but I would check to see if the vitamin C/Ascorbic acid dose is the same on both products and what the other ingredients are. Injections may contain EDTA and other buffers or preservatives.

fishboy9320

Ascorbic acid is vitamin C and is the preparation most commonly used in injections. Sometimes sodium ascorbate (also vitamin C) is used in IVs instead of ascorbic acid. The difference is the H+ ion is replaced with Na+, which makes it less acidic on entry into the vein.

I'm not sure what accounts for the difference you feel between the two products, but I would check to see if the vitamin C/Ascorbic acid dose is the same on both products and what the other ingredients are. Injections may contain EDTA and other buffers or preservatives.
Yes I've figured that's it. It being less acidic when I inject it I don't feel any pain as I do with the acidic version and it seems to absorb better. Also yes it is 1000mg instead of 500mg. I think the pain that happens makes the immune system attack the acidic vitamin C so you get less of it into your system as well. I inject IM/SUBQ because I have trouble doing it IV and Don't wanna ruin my veins trying. At higher doses it seems to affect my mood (more?). Or maybe it's the sodium, I presume it is 1000mg of it as well. https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/04/110405175012.htm https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31444870/
It helps with my anxiety somewhat but also makes me more prone to depression but I'm very good at combating depressive thoughts but for people prone to depression it will probably make them depressed. Potassium also helps according to study in plants https://www.ipipotash.org/publications/eifc-342 which probably does similar things in human. I wonder do all nutrients help in one way more or less. And dont mix sodium vitamin c with other things as it will unbound the vitamin c from the sodium and make it acidic and sodium changes it colour. That's different from sodium added as other ingredients versus attached. you get much more. And dont mix it with anything it will probably detach it from the sodium even tho no enzymes lke in blood. why do some vitamin c need to be cooled but not others? injecting deeper the better . how does body decide know what is your front or and back. lack of bdnf can also make you not notice things or make your not hearing but listening worse. changed mid way trough not even to last your usage. said in an explainable diff way. having fun creates ideas in a extent balance with others dumb some days others not diff people u meet? required more culture more mind expand. art games vids movie etc suposed to imiate real life to soem extent base line not fun how can i find new ways to annoy ppl too dumb ego wants. train diff but enough same similairties passion and need best or. female diff experienc as men encounter closer connect to other men in a way

Last edited: