• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Virus titer results from Dr. Chia... what does it mean?

Dallase1

Hi Dan-

I don't know if you are familiar with Robert Naviaux's work in CFS. He came up with the cell danger response theory causing the mitochondrial dysfunction in CFS.

He is a leader in CFS research and has decades of experience as a virologist. This is his view on high viral and bacterial antibody titers in CFS-

So he says- "latent and reactivated viral and bacterial infections can occur, but in the case of ME/CFS that has lasted for more than 6 months, this may be the exception rather than the rule".

I'm sure he must have a significant amount of research behind these statements he has made.

There is strong evidence that increased intestinal permeability can have a big impact on the immune system. This is just one of many papers relating to it being a cause for autoimmune disease-

LINK

Jim
Jim,
Dr. Chia tested my stomach biopsies which showed an active enterovirus infection. Have you tried the Oxymatrine or Equilibrant? I’m thinking about doing the inosine and equilibrant. I don’t know of any better options...

I recently was tested and gained some information on my immune system.
HHV6, EBV, and CMV were negative. However, Echovirus 30 was high 1:640 and Cocsackie B4 was borderline high 1:320. My IGG3 subclass was a little low. My CD4a and CD8 were low as well (they dropped by half of what they were three months ago). Any thoughts on what it all means? Any on have similar tests?
I’m scared to try equilibrant due to many people experiencing bad reactions.
the tests show prior exposure to the viruses which in turn afflict the immune system
Derek Enlander MD

ljimbo423

Jim,
Dr. Chia tested my stomach biopsies which showed an active enterovirus infection. Have you tried the Oxymatrine or Equilibrant? I’m thinking about doing the inosine and equilibrant. I don’t know of any better options...

Hi Dan- I have tired oxymatrine at a high dose to see if it would improve my symptoms. There wasn't any change at all even at a high dose of 900-1200mg a day for over a year.

I haven't tried inosine or equilibrant.

Jim