• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Viracta for EBV Associated ME

gbells

Improved ME from 2 to 6
Viracta is an interesting new drug that is being used to treat tumors containing EBV. It reverses checkpoint inhibition and allows the cells to apoptose by increasing the cell killing effect of valgancyclovir. Since a large number of ME patients have EBV I believe it may help ME patients. I emailed the company and asked them to run a clinical trial on ME patients. You may want to show support for a trial by emailing them.

http://www.viracta.com/contact.html

You may want to let MDs know about it and ask for a two month off-label course instead of valgancyclovir.

gbells

Improved ME from 2 to 6
There is a problem. Viracta can only kill growing cells (skin, etc) so it won't do much for nongrowing ones (nerves, bones). Cancer cells are growing so they are affected. For ME it might might decrease infection severity in muscles but not a full cure because it won't affect infected nerve cells.

Last edited:

gbells

Improved ME from 2 to 6
I did a full survey of existing immunotherapy drugs and found Viracta. There are four checkpoint inhibitor pathways they hit. Didn't find anything that would work for ME. However, I don't think it should be a problem b/c my system can cover it. It's cool getting to invent a new apoptosis approach for curing viral infections.

Last edited: