• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Video response to Prof Sharpe's allegation of harassment on BBC 2019

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
I'm so glad we are starting to see some push back. Videos like this make me cry with some relief.

The problem is that he has done so much damage all around the world with his wrongful and haughty views that it is going to take a long time to undo all the misinformation within the medical community.

I still have doctors ask me if I have tried exercising and mental therapy which, I'm sorry, but that is just so demeaning to have someone suggest that it is up in my head and if I would just push myself a bit everything would be resolve itself.

We do already push ourselves because like everyone else, we have dreams and aspirations. We just can't live them out fully because as the wonderfully appropriate title says we have a "Broken Battery."

Anyway, thank you @Countrygirl for posting these videos. You are going through so much yourself and still manage to advocate for all of us the ME/CFS community. Thank you!!!:heart:

Last edited:

Rufous McKinney

I still have doctors ask me if I have tried exercising and mental therapy which, I'm sorry, but that is just so demeaning to have someone suggest that it is up in my head and if I would just push myself a bit everything would be resolve itself.

Medical doctors: pushing Exercise Therapy when they have little or no expertise in Exercise in MECFS. And no expertise in : psychology.

Meanwhile: we push ourselves every day: excuse me. We keep striving for: life.

Countrygirl

I'm so glad we are starting to see some push back. Videos like this make me cry with some relief.

Disgraceful! I am sorry @Judee . We all have the same battle and it is so insulting. Dangly bits and floorboards spring to mind......if you have read 'my' thread recently.

Anyway, thank you @Countrygirl for posting these videos. You are going through so much yourself and still manage to advocate for all of us the ME/CFS community. Thank you!!!:heart:

Difficult days..............but not (quite) pushing up the daisies yet. Near miss or two though now. :hug::angel:

Last edited by a moderator:

Countrygirl

In the youtube window it had Joe Rogan. I thought for a second it was Joe Rogan vs Michael Sharpe :rofl:
Great video. Together we can beat this fam!

Yes, we are winning and will do so .........but we are not there yet...............and many/most in our community are suffering inexcusably in the meantime. More will lose their lives, some through sheer wilful medical ignorance and inhumane cruelty as we head for the winning post and they must never be forgotten and it must be forever noted as one of the most shameful long chapters of abuse in medical history. PhDs need to be written on how such flawed people with serious personality disorders were permitted to destroy a whole large community of very sick people and why the average doctor colludes in covering up the abuse and negligence. How a country's (UK) scientific establishment colluded to protect fraudulent science while it knowingly damaged 80% of very ill patients for many years. Books must be written and records produced so that the medical profession that is in cohoots with the vested interests or who have orchestrated and/ or just permitted this obscene crime against millions of adults and children, never forget their crimes.