• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Video on Long Covid including Bacteriophage activity of C19

Boba

I find the video very interesting, especially the findings of the first presenter Dr Carlo Brogna, who found toxin like peptides in the blood of LC patients. The gut is playing a central role in the in the theories presented.

SWAlexander

Very interesting to me is that Dr. Carlo Brogna (Italy) talks about Phospholipase.
Reason: I was tested and the blood test confirmed "Antiphospholipid-Syndrome"

More on bacteria and microbiome:
Yes GUT Microbiome Is Disrupted by SARS-COV-2 - Italian Study (Dr. Carlo Brogna) This study offers a new possibility to understand severity, transmission, and therapeutics for SARS

Last edited:

SWAlexander

Clinical Practice Article

The first report on detecting SARS-CoV-2 inside human fecal-oral bacteria: A case series on asymptomatic family members and a child with COVID-19
[version 1; peer review: 1 approved with reservations]

Abstract

Many studies report the importance of using feces as source sample for detecting SARS-CoV-2 in patients with COVID-19 symptoms but who are negative to oropharyngeal/ nasopharyngeal tests. Here, we report the case of an asymptomatic child whose family members had negative results with the rapid antigen nasopharyngeal swab tests. The 21-month-old child presented with fever, diarrhea, bilateral conjunctivitis, and conspicuous lacrimation. In this study, analysis for the presence of SARS-CoV-2 in fecal samples by using Luminex technology allowed accurate detection of the presence of the viral RNA in the feces of the child and of all her relatives, which thus resulted to be positive but asymptomatic. It is the first time that SARS-CoV-2- is observed inside human fecal-oral bacteria and outside a matrix resembling extracellular bacterial lysates, in agreement with a bacteriophage mechanism with the images obtained by transmission electron microscopy (TEM), post-embedding immunogold, and by fluorescence microscope. In addition to the typical observations of respiratory symptoms, accurate evaluation of clinical gastrointestinal and neurological symptoms, combined with efficient highly sensitive molecular testing on feces, represent an efficient approach for detecting SARS-CoV-2, and for providing the correct therapy in challenging COVID-19 cases, like the one here reported.
https://f1000research.com/articles/11-135