• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Use of hyperbaric chambers in Long Covid

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody else saw the piece on BBC Breakfast (in the UK) at the beginning of this week about Long Covid sufferers who had experienced improvements after time in a hyperbaric chamber? It looked interesting and seems to have had some success. Is this something anyone here has tried?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
If you do a site search you will find a number of threads on members’ experiences with hyperbaric oxygen therapy. There is also a Face book group called “mHBOT mild hyperbaric oxygen therapy” and a number of long-COVID and ME/CFS patients are members. I have also used mild hyperbaric oxygen therapy and found about a 10% increase in stamina but it aggravated my sinuses, eustachian tube’s, and lymph nodes. mHBOT is 1.3 atmospheres which is FDA approved for home use. Hospitals use higher pressures.