update: Good news re granddaughter and cervical cancer!

Mary

I just found out yesterday my 27-year old granddaughter has cervical cancer. She is my son's oldest stepdaughter. They were doing a hysterectomy and found it was too advanced and stopped the procedure.

The plan is to do a PET scan next week and then targeted radiation.

I'm not religious or even particularly spiritual (though I do meditate), but would appreciate any prayers, good thoughts, etc. for her. Her name is Jessica. Thank you.

erin

Sorry to hear illness especially such young age. Although I don't know you and your grand daughter in person; I will include Jessica in my special prayers (my prayers are non religious and they are kind of me trying to send the good, positive thoughts and wish of healing) before I go to sleep. I also pray for all sick and the sickness in general to disappear from this world. I will remember Jessica together with 4 other special person that I pray for every night.

Mij

I'm sorry to hear this @Mary I'm lighting candles this weekend for your granddaughter. I'm not a religious person but am spiritual and will be keeping Jessica in my thoughts.

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
I am sorry to hear this news. I hope your families love and support helps her through this difficult time. :hug:

Butydoc

President
I just found out yesterday my 27-year old granddaughter has cervical cancer. She is my son's oldest stepdaughter. They were doing a hysterectomy and found it was too advanced and stopped the procedure.

I'm not religious or even particularly spiritual (though I do meditate), but would appreciate any prayers, good thoughts, etc. for her. Her name is Jessica. Thank you.

ebethc

shocking at that age... sorry to hear about this

Mary

Thanks @ebethc - it's never a good age, but it is much worse with someone so young -

My brain which is used to doing so much reading and research re ME/CFS wants to tackle this now -- anyways, I really appreciate everyone's thoughts, prayers and good wishes --

Barry53

So very very sorry to hear this. I wish Jessica all the best best success with her treatment, and sincere wishes to all of you.