• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Unnerving symptom

WoolPippi

@outdamnspot have you found your symptoms of overdosing yet?

I get jittery, wired, ready to take on the world.
And hungry.

It goes away in a couple of hours.

As with all hormones it's not a problem to overdose on occasion. Just don't make it a regular thing. Because structural high doses will erode the body.

The symptoms of overdosing help you determine the right dosis for the right occasion.

Wayne

And hungry.
All very good points @WoolPippi. I've run into accounts of people saying they gain weight when taking low-dose HC, and my sense is that it indicates they're hungrier than normal, and should reduce their dosages..
That's how I felt when I took my very first 5 mg, but my body got used to it within a couple days. Then afterwards it felt like my body was gently being given extra energy and support. -- Hallelujah!

outdamnspot

@outdamnspot have you found your symptoms of overdosing yet?

And hungry.

It goes away in a couple of hours.

As with all hormones it's not a problem to overdose on occasion. Just don't make it a regular thing. Because structural high doses will erode the body.

The symptoms of overdosing help you determine the right dosis for the right occasion.

@WoolPippi it's tricky because I never get overdose symptoms taking my standard 3 doses -- however, I asked you about adding another small dose before bed. Sometimes adding this dose (~2.5mg) after midnight will push me into overdose territory .. I mostly get racing thoughts as a result. It's difficult to judge because sometimes if I don't take that dose I get stuck in a crash, but sometimes it's just too much (maybe because my body is producing its own cortisol after midnight?).

Hope4

Desert of SW USA
In case these fats weren't mentioned:

Organic, 100% grass-fed and grass-finished kidney suet or tallow (rendered suet) from ruminant animals. I find raw kidney suet very satisfying and calming.

There are several methods for rendering tallow. If one is sensitive to amines, the method of cooking the suet with water allows for a constant control of the temperature.

I've also noticed that sometimes ghee will say organic or grass-fed on the label, and if one tracks down the supplier, the sources will be found to be not organic, and not 100% grass-fed.

I've made ghee from Kerrygold butter before. It was nice.

outdamnspot

@WoolPippi or @Wayne can unprovoked bruising be a symptom of HC? I've had a bruise across my stomach that I believe appeared around the time I began taking it and which hasn't gone away. I wanted to bring it up to my doctor, but would also have to disclose that I'm taking HC, which I'm nervous to do. I'm just wondering if it's related or could be something else.

WoolPippi

@WoolPippi or @Wayne can unprovoked bruising be a symptom of HC? I've had a bruise across my stomach that I believe appeared around the time I began taking it and which hasn't gone away. I wanted to bring it up to my doctor, but would also have to disclose that I'm taking HC, which I'm nervous to do. I'm just wondering if it's related or could be something else.
I don't know.

oversupplementing will lower your immune system. It's why cortisol is an anti-inflammatory. It may thusly also lower the repair functions of tissues.

(This reminds me to take echineaforce today :) I'm in a period of stress right now and I feel my immune system lowering. My tonsils are swollen.)

Mel9

All very good points @WoolPippi. I've run into accounts of people saying they gain weight when taking low-dose HC, and my sense is that it indicates they're hungrier than normal, and should reduce their dosages..

That's how I felt when I took my very first 5 mg, but my body got used to it within a couple days. Then afterwards it felt like my body was gently being given extra energy and support. -- Hallelujah!

I had those symptoms and decided today to stop taking HC.