• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Unknown PACE-trial advocate tries to block JHP issue dedicated to the trial

Marco

Grrrrrrr!
@Leopardtail
Where did you find something in the Grauniad? I emailed them cos I didn't think they had written anything.

The Graun are probably somewhat conflicted. Probably attracted by Coyne's neoliberal welfare cutting angle but aware that they've been a willing platform for Wessely and his protégé Goldacre (not to mention Gerada aka Lady Wessely) over the years.

Either that or their unpaid interns are earning their keep.

Jonathan Edwards

"Gibberish"
Sorry for the wild goose chase folks. I had confused the older Times Article as relating to this and still can't find the Guardian one. I am guessing this was a brain fog issue. I have only been able to find the Times and Daily mail articles.

There ought to be something else in the Mail soon, although one never knows.
Maybe the Grauniad may has been Goldacred.

SamanthaJ

There ought to be something else in the Mail soon, although one never knows.
Maybe the Grauniad may has been Goldacred.
Had been optimistically hoping the Guardian was just taking a long time to do a thorough investigation, but that hope has faded. If they aren't planning anything, they're assisting in a cover up and should be ashamed of themselves.

Binkie4

The Guardian are regularly asking for donations to fund their online edition. I often muse about writing a comment that when they decide to report on a major unjust scandal of epic proportions ( Pace), then I might consider making such a donation. But then my energy runs out......musing is as far as it goes these days.

Way off topic, but if you have your hopes pinned on the Guardian upsetting the establishment, here's a story from a investigative journalist about what they did to him and colleague.

https://bristle.wordpress.com/2012/...vestigative-journalism-and-the-guardian-2001/

He is a well respected Journalist, who also worked for the well regarded World in Action. (Does anyone remember investigative current affairs programs?)

On the World in Action wiki page, He and his co-author are mentioned in the interesting second paragraph under the 'Journalists' heading.

RogerBlack

Leopardtail

Laughing out loud with baited breath can be dangerous. I would recommend drinking a glass of cold water while standing on your head and counting to ninety nine. That should do it.
hqdefault.jpg

Back