• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

UK Research Proposal by Dr Vassiliou into cardiological abnormalities following Covid

Countrygirl

I was contacted today by a Long Covid patient who had been asked by Dr Vassiliou, a cardiologist, to provide feedback from his proposal for research into cardiological problems in Post Covid Syndrome. Given how similar it is to ME, I am posting his study outline here. Unfortunately, it is very short notice as he wants feedback by 6th May; regardless though, it is interesting reading.

If you have any comments, it could be forwarded to Dr Vassiliou

Attachments

• Long Covid Dr Vassiliou RDS application.pdf
    416.7 KB · Views: 8

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
I've only read a little on the first page so far but it is encouraging. I hope it spills over onto ME treatment and research as well.

I have always thought our hearts are affected by this disease. I get the feeling of "heart tiredness" on my worst crash days and have had heart pain many times but my doctor only offered a stress test which I passed about 17 years ago.

I have also heard that patients who take the 2-day CPET are often told they do worse than heart patients in their results?