• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

UK - Regional News! UK Blood Donation Ban.

Sherby

Sherby
They, the press, Still don't dare to say those dreaded words, XMLV or MLVs. Ok its good to see some coverage of recent events but its going to take other research studies around the world to finally hammer the stake into Wesselys chest. and i want to be first.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Yes, I found it odd that they didn't mention the words "XMRV" or "retrovirus". The interviewee was wearing a badge that said "XMRV positive" but you had to look hard to see it and if you didn't already know what it meant, you wouldn't realise.

I'm baffled as to why they did the story. If they weren't going to say that CFS might be caused by a retrovirus and that's why patients think there's now a blood ban, what was the point of doing the story at all? That was the story and they somehow managed not to report it.

ukxmrv

I'm assuming that this report was cooked up by Action for ME as their HQ is in Bristol and Sir Peter was interviewed.

Min

I'm assuming that this report was cooked up by Action for ME as their HQ is in Bristol and Sir Peter was interviewed.

Now c'mon, you have to do something when you're paid 80,000 a year ($129,176) for a part time job.