• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

If you just need to talk to someone: Phone/chat/email support available to patients and carers

Emmarose47

Action for M. E I've found very good. I have access to a counsellor who I speak to for 30 mins. I also worked with an advocate there on my housing issues. We worked together for oh I'd say 4/5 mths she was amazingly incredibly professional and understanding. She got things done.
I am now sitting well laying in my new home 3 mths later x

lenora

I'm glad that you've found someone to talk to. It doesn't seem possible that you've been in your new housing for 3 mos. already. As I recall, you even bought a new sofa....sitting pretty, huh?

@Emmarose47, what about your medical problems....have they ever been resolved? I hope so. Yours Lenora

starlily88

Action for M. E I've found very good. I have access to a counsellor who I speak to for 30 mins. I also worked with an advocate there on my housing issues. We worked together for oh I'd say 4/5 mths she was amazingly incredibly professional and understanding. She got things done.
I am now sitting well laying in my new home 3 mths later x
Emma Rose - I belong to Phoenix rising for awhile. But how did you get a counselor to speak to? I have gone thru pages on here - can't find how to get counselor. Also need help on housing issues - I need to move now and it's very hard to know how to do this. Let me know, thanks Starlily

Emmarose47

Hi star lily
I got my counsellor via action for m. E which is a UK charity..

Re housing I got an advocate via the same charity.

Are advocates a thing in usa? They are free here