• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

UK: Please take part in this Genome Wide Association Study (GWAS) into the causes of ME

Countrygirl

Please consider taking part in this UK Genome Wide Association Study (GWAS) into the causes of ME, even if you are housebound. You can just register an interest at this point, which will help them to win funding. They need one in six of every UK ME patient to take part.

The actual study will involve providing a sample of saliva and filling in a questionnaire at some point in the future. It’s designed so a carer/family member can help you if you’d struggle on your own. Please share with anyone with ME you know who might not see this but would want to take part

https://mebiomed.org.uk/get-involved/?fbclid=IwAR1ZBsmFUTvV6akfwKyFP3ChfT2yfTjoH5wYoULDpblluKvgbAO_4GnyB7M

Would you be willing to potentially take part in a huge genetic ME/CFS research study that aims to find biological causes of the diseae? Would you like us to keep in touch with updates? Please complete the form below.
The study will be led by Prof Chris Ponting at the University of Edinburgh in partnership with the UK ME/CFS Biobank at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine. See the FAQ for more information.
We do not yet have funding in place and are temporarily using Survey Monkey, to manage this, and will store the information you share with us safely and securely, as detailed in our privacy policy.

Use the grey slide bar on the right-hand side below to scroll down and take the survey. You can indicate your support, even if you do not have ME/CFS