• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

UK IMPORTANT!!! - APPG for ME to reform, they need our help. (Parliament)

V99

This was put on the ME Association news page. http://www.meassociation.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1316:help-make-sure-the-all-party-parliamentary-group-for-me-reforms&catid=30:news&Itemid=161

The All Party Parliamentary Group for M.E. (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis) strives to support the improvement of health and social care of all people with M.E. in the UK. All APPGs were dissolved at the end of the last Parliament before the general election. Arrangements are being made to re-register this group as a matter of urgency.

An inaugural meeting of the APPG for ME will be held by David Amess MP on Wednesday 30th June, at Westminster.

The agenda will deal with appointment of office holders and members only and due to limitations of time and space it will not be possible to open the meeting to the public on this occasion. This is in order to ensure that the vital work required to re-register the APPG is carried out in a timely manner for the 13th July deadline.

It is vital that as many MPs as possible join the group as we need to identify at least 20 Parliamentarians to act as qualifying members. These must include at least ten who are not part of the government and of which at least six are members of the main opposition party i.e. Labour.

If you would like to help please send your local MP an email or letter asking them to join the APPG. There is a draft letter here to help get you started.

Thanks.

It would be good to try to get some useful people on there, and we should definitely try to make sure there's a committee going. I'll try to write something this week.

That'll be the somewhat-too-gullible David Amess MP of Brasseye fame I presume?...:worried:

Perhaps someone will convince him it was all caused by Cake...:D

I've emailed my MP at Westminster and his local surgery (wonder if he's signed up to do ATOS medicals yet:confused:). He hasn't responded yet, but I'm sure that he will be calling on me personally to offer his support:Retro smile: