• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

UK doctor who follows the Lerner protocol?

Tella

Is there one who can help me do all the tests and prescribe the right antivirals and will check on my progress? Thanks

JES

Dr. Myhill used to sometimes treat with antivirals, but got stripped of her rights to prescribe them for ME/CFS. You will probably not find a doctor in the UK that prescribes antivirals since it's not standard treatment and there is very limited evidence of ME/CFS patients improving on currently available antivirals.

Tella

I guess some private ones will. But to find them! There’s quite a lot of evidence for them working actually. I feel all these private docs do is charge for prescribing vitamins! Ahhhhh! Must be someone apart from Myhill with common sense!