• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

UK BBC2 9pm Mon 28 Jan: Winter viruses and how to beat them

Sasha

Fine, thank you
On this evening - there's a trailer with a vomiting dummy showing how far virus particles can spread, which I spared myself:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01qfr8v

Here's the blurb:

Every winter, millions of us come down with colds, flu and stomach problems caused by viruses like Norovirus - the highly contagious vomiting bug which has swept the country this year. It has closed hundreds of hospital wards and infected well over a million people. Flu figures are also higher than last year and are still climbing, plus we have seen high cases of a little known but extremely nasty respiratory virus called RSV which affects babies and young children.
So why does winter makes us ill? And what can we do to protect ourselves against these normally routine illnesses that have the potential to turn lethal and cost the economy billions of pounds every year?
Professor Alice Roberts and Dr Michael Mosley report from a pop up studio close to many of London's leading hospitals and medical research institutions on the latest virus outbreaks across the country. With the help of leading virologists, they will be finding out what viruses do to our bodies, explaining what viruses are, examining how they spread and advising what we can do to stay fit and healthy for the rest of the winter.