• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

UC Berkeley: Free screening/ discussion of Unrest February 20

Hope123

You are invited to a FREE screening and scientific panel discussion of Unrest hosted by the University of California, Berkeley School of Public Health!

This event is being held as part of UC Berkeley's School of Public Health's Dean's Speaker Series. Co-sponsors are the Stanford ME/CFS Initiative, International Association for CFS/ME, Solve ME/CFS Initiative, Workwell Foundation, and the Open Medicine Foundation.

WHERE: David Brower Center in Berkeley, CA. 2150 Allston Way

WHEN: FEBRUARY 20, 2018 (Tuesday); from 4:30PM – 8PM

Reception 4:30PM -- 5:30PM
Film 5:30PM -- 7:00PM,
Panel discussion 7:00PM -- 8:00PM

HOW: This event is free to attend. For more details and to register for the event, go to
unrest-screening-sph.eventbrite.com.

(Please help us spread information about the event. A postcard and 1-page flyer are attached. Also feel free to copy-paste the above text as needed.)

Attachments

• Revised Unrest Berkeley One page.pdf
    273.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Revised Berkeley Unrest Postcard.pdf
    479.2 KB · Views: 13

Hope123

THANK YOU to everyone who helped make this event a success, whether you attended in person, watched it live or later, or helped us spread information about the event!

There were almost 250 people attending or watching the event live while the livestream to date has been watched by almost 2,800 people as of this morning. If you missed the livestream, please watch the archived version here:

https://livestream.com/berkeleyhealth/unrest/videos/170509932

I was hoping to post a captioned version but that is not ready yet.

Also, Dr. David Tuller interviewed Jenn Brea right before the event and the article was published in the UC Berkeley Wellness letter. Read it here:

http://www.berkeleywellness.com/hea...re-policy/article/living-mecfs—and-filming-it

The UC Berkeley School of Public Health was instrumental in providing resources and funding for this event. It would not have occurred had they not taken an interest. They were very happy with the turnout. If you would like to thank them with a short note, here is their contact info for the Dean. Address it to Dean Bertozzi or Dr. Bertozzi.

ph_dean@berkeley.edu

How would I go about setting up a showing of UnRest in my area? Seems like it would be of huge help. I sadly suspect I would have to do it myself, as even the doctors that admit that there is such a thing as M.E., don't really want to learn more