• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Trying to help a fellow sick person in Los Angeles

frozenborderline

Please help me get this person some resources. Including caregiving and a (paid of course) ride to the desert....
I'm desperate here. Writing to try and find a caregiver for someone with mild illness who is willing to help someone I know who is stuck in Los Angeles with possible me/cfs, get out to the alabama hills, and death valley. And maybe parts of inyo forest and some hot spring s on the way back. I just cant find anyone... I dont know where else to look. Outdoors enthusiast forums? This individual will pay. So it could be a good job for someone who wants to do mold avoidance but doesnt have the money to, and is mildly ill only.

I have no idea about which members arein Los Angeles but would tag any if I knew who they were

Rufous McKinney

I know who is stuck in Los Angeles with possible me/cfs, get out to the alabama hills, and death valley. And maybe parts of inyo forest and some hot spring s on the way back. I just cant find anyone...

I sure wish I could go. I'd so love to go. I'd so love to do ALL those things. and once upon a time, I did them...sort of.

And now I can't.

We had so much fun playing in the Alabama Hills- oh it was ....only 8 years ago.

And I did the Eureka Dunes for four days once, and it had rained and it was an ocean of endangered Flowers pouring out of their seed bank- Primroses with giant white flowers like dinner plates.

Oh gosh.

This individual will pay. So it could be a good job for someone who wants to do mold avoidance but doesnt have the money to, and is mildly ill only.

I "might" know somebody....a friend of my husbands...what is the duration of this task? What is the vehicle?

Would this be camping out ?

frozenborderline

might" know somebody....a friend of my husbands...what is the duration of this task? What is the vehicle?
I dont know the vehicle. I know that the payment can be generous, it could be extra if the person camps out rather than just drops or and picks up... which I think is better plan for safety, butbeither way could work. The duration is flexible. The longer the better 2hen it comes to me/cfs recovery but even a few days could be very helpful imo.