• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Triumph! ME/CFS Community Propels Phoenix Rising and NIDA to Win in Chase!

Phoenix Rising Team submitted a new blog post:

Triumph! ME/CFS Community Propels Phoenix Rising and NIDA to Win in Chase!

The ME/CFS community wins $30,000 for NIDA and Phoenix Rising in the two-week Chase contest

It looked like Phoenix Rising was toast; we had dropped from 86th on Sept 10th to 136th and then all the way to 174th and had a meager 40 vote cushion with a day and a half to go......and then the ME/CFS Community erupted - propelling us all the way up to 133rd and allowing us to win $10,000. It was an amazing jump and we can't thank the ME/CFS Community enough for your efforts.

NIDA's story was less dramatic but in the end they were on the edge, too, at 87th place in the last day with just a 9 place cushion before they fell into the $10,000 slot. Again the ME/CFS community - from Norway and Sweden to Australia to the US - jumped in, and solidified NIDA's position in the last frantic hours of voting bringing them $20,000 for the exciting OMI-MERIT project that you'll hopefully be hearing about soon in these pages.

Next Year - In the past three years, Chase has poured about $200,000 into the ME/CFS community's coffers...With the Chase rules this year limiting the number of votes that could be cast it was a tough year for the smaller non-profits. Next year, though, Phoenix Rising, as it has done in the past two years, will use its resources to bring Chase money to more well-deserving chronic fatigue syndrome non-profits. We're committed to keeping the tradition of at least two ME/CFS organizations bringing home the bucks come Chase time and we've already come up with some new ideas :)

Thanks again for your help...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post