• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Treatment recommendation for Epstein-Barr-virus-related mucocutaneous ulceration in throat?

Treatment recommendation for Epstein-Barr-virus-related mucocutaneous ulceration in throat? I'm done going to ENTs who shrug their shoulders and tell me to not eat citrus and gargle. I'm self diagnosing a bit now. The sores/ulcers are only painful in the throat. I have the crimson crescent going on for about 3 months and possibly worsened after booster with post nasal right on the sore spot. Sorry, tmi.
EBV panel all high and on Famciclovir 750mgs.
This throat symptom seems to switch on ME sxs, too - I'll try anything at this point. I usually overcome this symptom in a couple of weeks. Not this time. Every day the same.

Acid reducing meds (famotidine and/or omeprazole) reduce the severity of my chronic sore throat. Even if the root cause is immunological rather than acid reflux, any reflux can exacerbate the already inflamed tissue.

Glutathione helps somewhat as well for me.