• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Top and back of head feeling melty and other stuff.

bensmith

Just woke up. Top and back of my head/neck feel melty. Also having rapid thoughts in front of me. Tired as heck too. Anybody had this? The rapid thoughts made me think seizure but don’t think I’ve had one. Also a lot of trouble speaking.

Before i went back to bed i was having some hallucinations issues. Ever since the abilify ive had them again off and on. I wonder if maybe it isnt over heating my brain. When i first got hppd i would get really red and hot on my head and face.

I’m trying to push myself for more rest, increases my sensory deprivation which increase my hallucinations and dp/dr. Prob my biggest concern right now as i wouldn’t be able to do complete sensory deprivation like other very severe long term. Im terrified. Rock and a hard place in between too diseases.

Last edited:

xebex

For me the rapid thoughts is a result of glutamate/gaba issues plus over doing things cognitively/ socially it also happens if I really push physically but I don’t do that so much nowadays. Glutamate is high in processed food, protein shakes, bone broth, flavourings, stuff like that. And of course over doing it is hard to avoid if simply being awake is over doing it. :(

bensmith

Thanks. I have been earing peanut butter. I only eat chicken salt broccoli carrots pataos. Maybe that did it.

Also possible being alive is becoming too much for me. When will this nightmare end.

Some day im going to have to wake up to thr fact my life is over and i need to stop doing anything. Just so unmanageable. Couldnt i have become severe after more than 1 crash for petes sake! How could i adjust : /

Last edited:

xebex

Yeah nuts are high in Glutamate, I mean this is only my experience but I guess you gotta start somewhere try not to Overload yourself with nuts.

I often wonder when the nightmare will end too! I have just had two really rough weeks then 1 day of feeling better and now I’m crashed again.

it’s a cruel illness!

try and rest in silence with no stimulation for a day or two. Easier said than done I know.

bensmith

Thanks. Ill cut out nuts.

I have been trying to for momths. Lol. Fingers crossed for tonigjt and tomorrow. Sucb a mean disease.

Ive been having a hard time with sensory deprevation lately. I cant beleive how much life can change in less than a year. This fucking life argh. Just no matter how hard i try its always a failure. Hope a med can help me, im declining so very rapidly.

Hope the best for you. Hope you can enjoy thr holidays.

Wolfcub

How are you feeling now @bensmith ? Has that feeling in your head started to ease off yet?

I have had something similar....back of the head and going round the back to top of my head. It didn't last long in my case, and didn't seem to lead to anything else (?) to my knowledge anyway. But it felt freaky when it happened. (twice now but it passed very quickly)

I am having a super quiet holiday. I hope you can feel some relief from things and just a little peace. Kind thoughts to you, Ben

Wolfcub

Its eased considerably thanks. Still achey but not so like, immediate emergency feeling. Im just afraid its another signal, yaknow.
Yes, well I am glad it's passing off for you, Ben.
I tell you, there are some freaky things happen with this illness. They come out of the blue and scare us, then they disappear and may or may even not -come back (or some other symptom will which scares us witless then moves on its way.)
While of course, common sense says we should be watchful for any strange symptom that COULD possibly be an emergency situation, I have found that most of these strange horrible new symptoms just visit us to torment us and scare us then disappear off to the alien planet they came from ! :alien::aghhh:

I get things too that freak me out and can really bother me with worries but they don't always amount to anything sinister.

But yeah....I guess you need a hug right now. Here you are....:hug: