• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Tooth pain after minor dental appointment

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
About a year ago I my teeth started to throb when I was tired or stressed out and I just got used to it. I think it is from my TMJ which I had developed back then.

A few weeks ago I had a dental appointment and all he did was remove a wire that was bonded to my top 4 teeth and replace it with a hypoallergenic one.

The first week all my teeth were throbbing but the four that were wired seemed extra sensitive but no pain. One though, did feel odder. (I don't know how to describe it).

Yesterday I bit into something really soft and a dull pain shot up my tooth. WTH I thought. When I pushed up on the bottom edge OUCH!! I woke up and my tooth was still sore. If I ran my tongue on that one tooth was sensitive.

It seemed to be a bit better today although it feels wrong. I know this DD can cause dental issues and I don't really have the energy to go running back to him. He did nothing and there is no real medical reason that I am having this pain that I can think of.

I sure don't want to go through an unnecessary root canal or other stuff when there is nothing wrong.

Has anyone else ever experienced this? Any thoughts? I will go back to have him check it out i just don't want to be an alarmist or have unnecessary work done.

Thanks

Sallysblooms

P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!
Do you grind your teeth at night. If you have TMJ, you must. I do and I have a wonderful mouth guard. Keeps the teeth safe.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I don't grind my teeth. My TMJ is pain down my back and neck and I'm guessing the tooth throbbing. And that doesn't explain the pain I have in one tooth which is on top in the middle and would not be affected by grinding.

Can it be from the stress of having my mouth open for an hour with my neck all tweaked?

Sallysblooms

P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!
It is possible. Grinding my teeth gave me neck and head pain and jaw of course. I had a series of massages. I sure hope you feel better!!!

hurtingallthetimet

i hope your feeling better...teeth hurting is horrible! i didnt know i grind teeth but several dentist insist they can tell by lookikng at my teeth that i do and im just not aware of it...they suggested mouth gurad thing but i tried it and it hurt too bad i just couldnt wear it..but ive heard where other peopel have worn and it didnt hurt and helped them...

ive been told have tmj also...i hate goinog to the dentist and its so expensive...i really hope you find some relief
take care