• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Times UK - iphone health apps - Mayo Clinic Symptom Checker no good

V99

Can iPhone apps help with your health?
I love with my new Apple phone, but its medical apps are a mixed bag. Time to sort out the good, bad and indifferent

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/health/expert_advice/article7143621.ece

Mayo Clinic app is listed as bad.
Mayo Clinic Symptom Checker (free) A world-renowned clinic getting in on the act, but its primitive and disappointing. Type in wheezing and it simply tells you to get medical care as soon as possible or clicks you through to a short article on the subject. It wont help you to sort the wheat from the chaff any more than a good dose of common sense. At least the Mayo doesnt have the gall to charge for this offering. You would be better off using your iPhone to call NHS Direct (0845 4647).