• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Time For Action Campaign: Tell Congress to Act on the Washington Post Ad

Roy S

former DC ME/CFS lobbyist

Otis

Señor Mumbler
Roy - Please keep the pertinent history in front of us. We can't get past this critical juncture without knowing how we got here and who was driving. So please don't let us lose sight of that.

All - Please keep the faxes and emails going to congress and the press. It's not too late to make your voice heard.

Otis

Señor Mumbler
Roy - Please keep the pertinent history in front of us. We can't get past this critical juncture without knowing how we got here and who was driving. So please don't let us lose sight of that.

All - Please keep the faxes and emails going to congress and the press. It's not too late to make your voice heard.

RivkaRivka

otis, i hit a wall last wk and have not been able to fax/email congress. i hope others are able to !!!!!!

please, folks who can, do it for me, too!!!

usedtobeperkytina

Thanks

Hey great to see you guys going.

Will be interesting to see if Tuesday's meeting has change in FDA policy. (Do we really think Congressmen don't talk to FDA officials?)

Tina

mezombie

Update on Campaign

Update on Time for Action/Contact Congress Campaign

The image of a retrovirus on a black background, originally published as an ad in the December 6th issue of the Washington Post, was sent to countless Congressmembers and Senators in response to a Time for Action Campaign earlier this month.

Its impossible to gauge the impact of patients taking action by letting their Congressional delegation know how serious ME/CFS is. And it is also impossible to get an accurate figure of how many patients and others affected by ME/CFS participated.

One can be sure of an absolute minimun count from a review of messages sent to the email contact given. Those messages came from people who not only went through the cumbersome process of finding their House Members and Senators but then went back to notify TFA. Certainly many did not get this far. This review results in a tally of 153 contacts made, most by fax. More than 16 states were represented, and several people reported positive responses.

For example, Senator Burr of North Carolina reportedly expressed interest in increased funding for ME/CFS. And the point person for health on Maryland Congressman Chris Van Hollens staff stated he would definitely bring the ad to his bosss attention.

A huge thanks to all who participated!

:victory: