• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Thymus extract- Warmer body temp

tootsieroll

Has anyone tried Thymus extract with success. I am in very ill health. I catch everything around me. Cold as ice sometimes and then extremely hot flashy. Cold extremities and can't regulate body temps well. I took 200mg of bovine thymus extract and woke up in my sleep very warm..too warm. My hands and feet are warm for the first time in over a decade. I also experienced an itch all over that felt like elastic bands hitting me everywhere. It went away in a couple of hours but kept me awake. How do I know if it is activating my immune system and how do I know it's not overactive?? How do I know this warmer temp isn't from my body finally killing bad microbes, ie. SIBO/Candida/Lyme. I don't want to cause more harm than good and feel worse. The bottle says to take up to 4 pills which equals 800mg. Ha! I can't even make it past 1 pill and I only took two doses. I stopped because my period is here and didn't want it to affect my menstrual cycle but surprisingly, my hands and feet stayed warm despite cessation. Thanks!

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
I use Swanson's Thymus and vitamin C powder when I get a sore throat and gargle with it before swallowing. For me, the combo takes the sore throat and whatever infection away very soon afterward.

I know Lassessen from cfsremission.com talked about boron making people with ME/CFS warmer. I wonder if the body stores some of that in the thymus maybe. I felt warmer on boron though I don't recall Thymus doing that for me. I have tried sheep thymus as well as the Swanson.

When I did a very brief internet search just now for boron and thymus there were some research articles on the two together but I didn't read any of them. Too tired right now. Sorry. :(

Hope you can get it figured out.

tootsieroll

Thanks for the reply! That's interesting. I will have to look into boron. I believe there's a homeopathic supplement that includes boron for flus. I will restart Thymus again in a couple days and report back if I have the same warming effect. Hope you get some rest!