• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Third Annual Community Symposium on the Molecular Basis of ME/CFS Sponsored by Open Medicine Foundation, sign up here! Sept 7th 2019

Ben H

OMF Volunteer Correspondent
Hi guys,

The opportunity to sign up for the 3rd annual community symposium is here:

yURCpEJ3wexxwtu-GRvW9q4MWNjqmi92zgeCpxGR2P-MYwmfzvzOshEIDk6VKxi8zF2XCxC8QzSqVaQtt3VyUbqzw5Zg14qwfcXyUMXBcUy9H-mN=s0-d-e1-ft

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Research Center at Stanford University
Third Annual Community Symposium on the Molecular Basis of ME/CFS

Sponsored by Open Medicine Foundation

Saturday, September 7, 2019

Come hear from our amazing team in person!

A special opportunity to learn from and interact with these world-class scientists.

Visit Community Symposium for event details.

This exciting symposium will follow a 3-day collaborative team meeting of world-renowned scientists.

The first two days will allow for in-depth scientific discussion of recent ME/CFS research results. On the third day, we will establish collaborations and discuss the most effective path forward to expedite ME/CFS research.

At the Community Symposium, the scientists will update patients, physicians, and any interested members of the public on our progress towards understanding the molecular basis of ME/CFS and our plans for the future.

Only together can we solve this incredibly complex and horrific disease.

Please register as soon as possible! Space is limited.
Registration closes August 26, 2019.

We look forward to seeing you there!

SDAG0gSZ7nT9bB-L22zUnVpz48XyoJmv-uBIqPeEmAs5hgwNhf4kVi7AvZUhr5y6TQwYjeSUtpBCJmY0fLm_hb09eFGQkOrdJWxDYpkCzBOrdRY1DnoH2csGiToDlmn6emnFNCzucXFoO7bLKF9GgxiHfmWmWQ=s0-d-e1-ft

Register Here.

Event Details:
Where:
PAUL BREST HALL
Stanford University
555 Salvatierra Way
Palo Alto, CA

Schedule:
Symposium: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Reception to follow closing program

(The conference will be livestreamed for those unable to attend. Livestream registration will be available soon.)

UY_8bI9sb0cNIxwLrukcleKDBe_zkV1r8S3JWIxl_-0OsmiWVCqTo_YFDxCHKaZTTXWKTUnC7GGKVsQEZv6HlRLbQcDyKxsvtzYbR1LKqQ49yULzMpWbh5-NwQu0=s0-d-e1-ft

2018 Symposium

Support Collaborative Research

www.omf.ngo

Hopefully some of you can attend in-person, for those that can't there is the livestream as usual.

Thanks,

B

@Janet Dafoe (Rose49) @AshleyHalcyoneH @ChrisArmstrong @marilynbsg

Ben H

Hi guys,

Last chance to sign up to go in person, I hope some of you guys are able to make it :)

Cd6pc9HHRipYnAj2d-zzymw82WmviTpeAfEgwv_hx_FyzXiL3g5e4bIpBM4cMIM_btQSS5h1bStmZZSWsuWW4KWOdHxIyqO3704f7l2FEcdFF4JHCfeG-zQuH4wOypWrrtAhSmxy4kE0E0meRw=s0-d-e1-ft

REGISTER TODAY - 3rd Annual Community Symposium

yURCpEJ3wexxwtu-GRvW9q4MWNjqmi92zgeCpxGR2P-MYwmfzvzOshEIDk6VKxi8zF2XCxC8QzSqVaQtt3VyUbqzw5Zg14qwfcXyUMXBcUy9H-mN=s0-d-e1-ft

A unique and up-close opportunity to meet world-class researchers in person. 3rd Annual Community Symposium on the Molecular Basis of ME/CFS at Stanford University, sponsored by OMF, on Saturday, September 7, 2019.

Join together with our community of researchers, patients, caregivers, family members, and clinicians. Confirmed speakers to date:

9BBT25mC--cRc8dMVGuXsrJbbTv-7yR_7a4hRCfFiSqfKPcUX6lz9gzKfGswehG3rf4VIKAroofQGoyu70ePuUsvCymgD1dcV-N39zMVPXSUwkBYlpSh42x7sEumZC-V18N8PcFQpfI=s0-d-e1-ft

Register today to attend the event in person at Stanford University, click here. Registration closes August 26.

For those unable to attend, we invite you to register to watch the event via Livestream from anywhere around the world (in English only), click here to register. The event will also be streamed on Facebook Live. Information will be coming.

Support research to end ME/CFS.

www.omf.ngo

B

Ben H

Hi guys,

Free Livestream registration below :)

Cd6pc9HHRipYnAj2d-zzymw82WmviTpeAfEgwv_hx_FyzXiL3g5e4bIpBM4cMIM_btQSS5h1bStmZZSWsuWW4KWOdHxIyqO3704f7l2FEcdFF4JHCfeG-zQuH4wOypWrrtAhSmxy4kE0E0meRw=s0-d-e1-ft

From Your Home Join the 3rd Annual Community Symposium

We invite the international ME/CFS community to register for the free video livestream of the 3rd Annual Community Symposium on the Molecular Basis of ME/CFS at Stanford University, sponsored by OMF, on Saturday, September 7, 2019.

Register for the free livestream here. (The program will be in English.)

(The Symposium will also be livestreamed on our Facebook homepage.)

This is a unique opportunity to hear the latest updates on ME/CFS research directly from world-class scientists. Find out more about the Symposium here.

We look forward to having you join us! #MECFS19

All confirmed speakers to date:

9BBT25mC--cRc8dMVGuXsrJbbTv-7yR_7a4hRCfFiSqfKPcUX6lz9gzKfGswehG3rf4VIKAroofQGoyu70ePuUsvCymgD1dcV-N39zMVPXSUwkBYlpSh42x7sEumZC-V18N8PcFQpfI=s0-d-e1-ft

Support research to end ME/CFS.

www.omf.ngo

I hope you guys are able to watch, it's sure to be a great event as usual. I can't believe it's the 3rd one now!

B

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Anyone have the livestream link? I registered but don’t have the link.

EDA— got it!

Last edited:

ljimbo423

3rd Annual Community Symposium on the Molecular Basis of ME/CFS at Stanford University

Time is for California, USA

08:00 a.m. Registration

09:00 a.m. Opening Remarks: Ronald W. Davis, PhD, Stanford University

09:10 a.m. Welcome: Linda Tannenbaum, CEO, OMF

09:15 a.m. Introduction to OMF Liason: Chris Armstrong, PhD

09:20 a.m. Greetings: Janet Dafoe, PhD, Patient Liaison

09:25 a.m. Symposium Logistics: Ashley Haugen, Event Organizer

09:30 a.m. Raeka Aiyar, PhD, Symposium Moderator, New York Stem Cell Foundation Research Institute
Revolutionizing disease research with stem cells

09:45 a.m. Robert Harrington, MD, Video from the Stanford Chair of Medicine

10:00 a.m. Keynote Address: Maureen Hanson, PhD, Cornell University
Thoughts and Data about ME/CFS

10:30 a.m. BREAK

10:50 a.m. Alain Moreau, PhD, University of Montreal
Let’s Talk About You and ME: An exploration of recent progresses to decode Myalgic Encephalomyelitis

11:15 a.m. Oystein Fluge, MD, PhD, University of Bergen
Lessons from clinical trials in ME/CFS

11:40 a.m. Panel Discussion: Morning Speakers

12:10 p.m. LUNCH

01:15 p.m. Ron Tompkins, MD, ScD, Harvard University
OMF ME/CFS Collaboration at the Harvard Affiliated Hospitals

01:40
p.m. Jonas Bergquist, MD, PhD, (Video), Uppsala University
A short update of the research activities at the ME/CFS Collaborative Research Center in Uppsala

02:05 p.m. Juan Santiago, PhD, Stanford University
A study of red blood cell mechanics: Work towards a CFS diagnostic based on cell deformability

02:30 p.m. Mike Snyder, PhD, Stanford University

02:55 p.m. BREAK

03:15 p.m. Robert Phair, PhD, Integrative Bioinformatics Inc.
Metabolic Traps in ME/CFS

03:40 p.m. Ronald W. Davis, PhD, Stanford University
What’s Next?

04:05 p.m. Panel Discussion: Afternoon Speakers
Closing Remarks:

04:35 p.m. Ronald W. Davis, PhD

05:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. RECEPTION

Last edited: