• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The State of ME Research at the end of 2020

Does anyone know of any papers that attempt to summarize the state of research in ME/CFS?

I would love to know who is working on what and what the most promising theories are as we head into the new year. Perhaps, this does not exist, but maybe there are a few who have had enough time and energy to put together such a summary or roadmap from their own reading. If so, and you are willing to share, I would be most interested to see it.

Thanks!

Rufous McKinney

WHITNEY's FACEBOOK MESSAGE...pasted below

Happy New Year from bed!
I’m super wasted on saline right now so I can’t really write much. But I do wish I could yell this in a slurred drunk voice at the top of my lungs:
"Happy Cure Year!"
"Out With The Old In With The Cure!"
That’s all I got. 🙂 Maybe some of you can add your own drunken "New Years Slogans For The Cure" in the comments.
I am really hoping this will be the year we are all released from this nightmare. Things are all coming together for that to be a legitimate possibility. 2021 could be the year that gets recorded in the history books when an obscure, misunderstood illness not only became legitimized but millions of people came out of the woodwork all around the world proving to have whatever ME/CFS is called then and get cured all at once. And the history of our suffering finally saw the light of day as we all moved into the light ourselves and rejoined the world of human beings once again.
#ENDmecfs2021
Image may contain: 1 person, phone

1.3K1.3K
213 Comments
118 Shares
Comment