• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Solve ME/CFS Initiiative Conference is about to start in a few minutes

Countrygirl

https://solvecfs.org/empower-m-e-livestream/

This is about to start in a few minutes:

Thank you for registering to watch Solve ME/CFS Initiative’s EmPOWER M.E. Roundtable

Solve ME/CFS Initiative (SMCI) is hosting our first ever EmPOWER M.E. Roundtable on April 2, 2019 moderated by Board Certified Patient Advocate, Sharon Stevenson, DVM PhD.​

We are so pleased to bring you this exclusive event by Live webcast!

You can watch live on:
Tuesday April 2
9:15am - 12:30pm ET

Countrygirl

The EmPOWER M.E. Roundtable will feature two workshop-style panels:

Session 1: “Empowerment in the Doctor’s Office: Overcoming White Coat Syndrome”
Exercises and ideas for empowering your experience in the medical environment

Dr. Nancy Klimas: ME/CFS clinician and researcher, Director of the Institute for Neuro Immune Medicine, Nova Southeastern University, Nova Southeastern University
Dr. Camille Birch: Ramsay Award Research Awardee and person with ME, Genome Analyst, HudsonAlpha Institute for Biotechnology
Eric Braun, PhD: caregiver, partner, and ME Advocate

Session 2 – “Advocacy: Your Story, Your Impact”
How telling your story can empower you and make change by combining advocacy and self-representation

Secretary Rona Kramer: Secretary Maryland Department of Aging, Former State Senator, family member of person with ME
Emily Taylor M.A.: Director of Advocacy, Solve ME/CFS Initiative, and caregiver

Join us online - register here to watch live:

http://go.solvecfs.org/e/192652/for...h=bfCcHcL96iNngdMhdeVcaf4zd-hPT95trN7MyZkQBJY

SpecialK82

Ohio, USA
@Countrygirl are you able to watch it? I can see the screen but there is nothing happening. They are now 1 hour and 15 minutes late for the first roundtable starting 9:15 EST. I can't reach anyone at the organization either. I wonder if the livestreaming isn't working???

Carl

I cannot find any link and I have received no email after registering. The video on the page following registration just shows a general video about how it affects people.

Rooney

Hate that I missed the Klimas talk. Anyone have key points the medical presentation of advocacy was about?