• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The "right" conditions for social interaction

Jo86

This has now become THE no.1 problem in my entire life, by a mile.
Social interactions. I can deal with loneliness, life's tragedies, my condition and current hole I'm in generally... but I just struggle so much with the social interaction.

Cutting to the chase: if we've just met today, and I haven't had a chance to "warm up" (the brain, the enunciation part of the brain etc), and we're in a standstill situation (in an office, or sitting down anywhere, with no movement) I'm going to range from somewhat awkward to very awkward and likely slur my speech at some point. Long sentences are my enemy now, and I'm naturally a long-winded speaker, so it's very counter-intuitive to be me right now because I have to cut my sentences shorter on purpose, making interactions less interesting and my personality fade.

BUT: in certain conditions... I can be sort of closer to 'me'. These have to be: movement, or space. I have to be either outside and feel like I can walk around, or just, talking while walking is ALWAYS better for me. Ofc one on one is always wayyyyy better than a crowd. And lighting (the more light, the more difficult it is to focus).

The point of this thread is: I'm wondering if there's a way to feel like I'm in those "right conditions", at all times. Is there a way to access that more natural, spontaneous, loose energy in me, "on command" (and be less rusty, and uptight) ? Maybe a way to ease into it. Vagus nerve training, breathing, mental exercises ?

GreenEdge

I'm wondering if there's a way to feel like I'm in those "right conditions", at all times. Is there a way to access that more natural, spontaneous, loose energy in me, "on command" (and be less rusty, and uptight) ?

Yes :thumbsup:

When you eliminate plants from your diet: anxiety and depression disappear. <- I only got this from lion diet.