• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Project Pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
The Project Pages - This is place to post ideas for ME/CFS projects, dig into them, figure out how to accomplish them, gather support for them and get them going.

We have a large group of people onboard with an enormous breadth of talent many of which have a serious commitment to improving the state of ME/CFS. Several accomplishments recently suggest that with a little organization and focus we might be able to make quite a difference.

It could be that this group made a difference in getting Dr. Oz to do his follow up (much better) program on XMRV. When Dr. Klimas' two hour video presentation on XMRV came up a group of Forum participants, without urging, quickly came up with transcriptions for the entire presentation.

Perhaps someone can offer good ideas on Project Management. I can think of:
  • Brainstorming - create the vision
  • Define the project - make it real
  • Determine what resources needed
  • Find the resources (or redefine the project)
  • Outline the steps needed to do the project
  • Do the project

I'm sure somebody could do better.

Create a Group - Once the idea for a project has been finalized a good way to organize it is through forming a group (a 'Social Group' in VBulletins terminology). We've had three groups formed thus far; the New Day Group following patients as they go through Mike Dessin's Doctors protocol, a MAD group focused on the last CFSAC meeting and a new group that focuses on keeping Wikipedia entries on CFS accurate.

Supporting the Group on the Forum and Website - We can support groups with announcements and highlighting their work in the new content management section (to appear shortly). They can find a home both on the Forums and on the Phoenix Rising website.

Status
Not open for further replies.