• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

THE JOURNAL RETROVIROLOGY RESPONDS, by Mindy Kitei

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Fascinating, Mindy! I posted a comment (forgot to name myself so I'm just anonymous).

V99

I bet they just want to give the CDC a hug right now. I'm sure they are so happy that they went with that paper. Such a lovely memory for the future.

eric_s

Thanks a lot, Mindy.

Why do they ask you to contact the NIAID? You were asking Retrovirology about a study that they published and that was authored by people working for the CDC, with some exceptions.

What does the NIAID have to do with this?

V99

Good question eric_s. That is a very interesting point. Are they working with the CDC?

eric_s

Hey V. I have no idea who is doing what for what reason.. It seems very hard to make sense of everything when all you have is what you can see from the outside. I hope that maybe after the Alter study is out everything will make more sense. Maybe then people will be more free to speak and explain why they have done certain things. We should have spies :tongue:

V99

Probably, in about 10 years, an article will run in a newspaper, and it will all be laid out as if the entire story was common knowledge. I expect there will be quiet a few people who will be willing to speak out by then.

We do need spies. How do you hire one?:confused::eek:;)

RustyJ

Contaminated Cell Line 'RustyJ'
Couldn't they have denied they knew anything about the samples in the statement? It would have been a lot simpler. Obviously they did know about them.

V99

WPI and others will most likely have records of the delivery, the pick up, correspondence.