• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The GUT:NHK World TV programme ....importance of high clostridium levels in our gut

Abha

Abha

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/tv/documentary/20190310/4001308/
THE BODY: Gut - Key to a Healthy Immune System

In this episode of "THE BODY," we take a look at our longest organ – the gut. It does a lot more than process waste. Our gut brings together bacteria and immune cells to keep our immune system healthy and strong often in surprising ways. And it keeps our immune system from spinning out of control and causing chaos throughout our body. Learn how our amazing gut helps defend us against a whole host of life-threatening diseases through its hidden functions.

I may have posted re this in the past as this is a re run.However,I recommend that if you are interested in GUT/Brain problems in connection with your illness then one should watch it.I found it very informative and very interesting.

Two young women are mentioned in the video...one with severe Allergies(admitted in shock condition to a hospital more than 250 times...and the other young lady has MS.In both cases it turns out they are short of Clostridium.

A Japanese start up company has discovered that 17 types of clostridium(more than 100 types:some beneficial and some are harmful)are very beneficial and help to produce more Treg cells.These help to control out of control immune cells in our bodies.The Japanese company has sold their rights to a USA company in Philadelphia(in 2015?) for millions of dollars. This company is now doing further work on this and trials have begun.

In the programme too it is mentioned how Japanese have superior levels of high fibre levels in their gut(which promote higher levels of clostridium/Treg cells).In that study people living in 11 other countries including USA/Sweden/Malawi/Venezuela/Spain etc were compared to those living in Japan.

In a Japanese Monastery(Buddhist) where vegan meals were cooked(shojin ryori) the monks had very healthy guts compared to outsiders and those who entered the monastery with health problems(eg allergies/eczema?)found that their health problems cleared up after some time on that diet.

The programme is on NHK World(Japan)English service at 9.10pm (UK time)tonight and at 3.10am tomorrow and again at 9.10am(10th March,2019).
It is worth viewing!

Last edited: