• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Family Member ME/CFS Prevalence Poll

Do one of the members of my extended family have an ME/CFS-like or related condition

• Immediate family - father, mother, siblings, children

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Secondary Relatives - aunts, uncles, cousins, nephews, grandparents

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Far Flung relatives - others in the family tree

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • An immediate Family member has FM,IBS, MCS, TMJ, etc.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A secondary Relative has FM,IBS, MCS, TMJ, etc.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A far Flung Relative has FM ,IBS, MCS, TMJ, etc

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • An significant other or partner has FM, IBS, MCS, TMJ, etc

• An significant other or partner has an ME/CFS Like illness

• Total voters

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
Does ME/CFS crop up in families? Do other presumably allied disorders? Take the poll and lets find out! If at least one member of the following groups has something that appears to be ME/CFS (mysterious fatiguing and debilitating disorder doctors cannot figure out) please check them.

dannybex

Does ME/CFS crop up in families? Do other presumably allied disorders? Take the poll and lets find out! If at least one member of the following groups has something that appears to be ME/CFS (mysterious fatiguing and debilitating disorder doctors cannot figure out) please check them.

What if no family members have been diagnosed with ME/CFS?

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Actually I wonder if it would be worth splitting the categories into each relationship (father, mother, aunt, uncle etc.) because one of the theories about XMRV is vertical transmission - also, if XMRV started out 30 years ago or something as people suspect and is becoming more prevalent, one might expect sibs & children to show higher prevalence than parents even though you share the same amount of genetic material.