• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Thank you, Judith Heumann

Jyoti

"The savvy, wheelchair-using civil rights activist Judith Heumann, who led a movement to reimagine what it means to be disabled in the US, died on Saturday at a hospital in Washington DC.

People across the country, from past and present politicians and presidential figures to civil rights activists, mourned Heumann’s sudden death over the weekend. Joe Biden described her as a “trailblazer” and a “rolling warrior” whose “fierce advocacy” led to landmark civil rights legislation – the president singled out the Americans with Disabilities Act, which protects people with disabilities from discrimination."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/mar/06/judith-heumann-dead-disability-rights-activist

Gingergrrl

I had not heard of Judith Heumann until I watched "Crip Camp" on Netflix last year and I have literally been in awe of her ever since! I was sad to learn that she just passed away and she was a true trailblazer & rock star! :star::star::star: