• Phoenix Rising needs funds to operate: please consider donating to support PR

Test for scalp nerve damage/injury - MRI?

I have something wrong on the top right side of my scalp in a small isolated area (1-2inch in diameter) but the pain radiates through my body. Its been painful for 12 months and is easily irritated. Ive been to see 2x neurologists and about 5-6 doctors. I cant get a proper diagnosis, but the majority think its nerve damage and suggest giving it time. Unfortunately it hasn't healed and I want to look at surgery or even just getting a confirmed diagnosis. Can I get a scan on my scalp to see what is wrong? If so, what scan? Thanks!