• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

terrible reacton to Quicksilver´s IMD

Hi I have been using the QS products for a while. The liposomal glutathione, q10, DIM, VIt C and activated b vitamins gave me my life back. In 2016 I tried IMD for the first time. First i could not tolerate it but then I started with a dusing and slowly built up. i did not notice any fatigue or anything. I was at my very worst in 2016 with chronic diarrhea on 3 types of antidepressants and tramadol and was down to 4 foods I tolerate. At least once a week I would have a histamine reaction that would cause me to be on the toilet until about 6 am followed by 20 hours of sleep.

In 2017 I was a bit better after doing a lot of gut healing but even the tiniest amount of IMd would give me a histamine reaction that would take me weeks to recover.

Then this year i did so much gut healing I got off all of my antidepressants except for one and reintroduced a lot of foods. So I was ready to tackle metals again. I slowly introduced some IMD (about an eigth of a spoon) my gut was fine but I got super tired, which I did nto experience before. I did not connect the fatigue to the IMD though as it had never made me tired before and I was a lot stronger than before.

But after a few days the fatigue became unbearable and then I had a massive histamien reaction. i got off the IMD and took all of my psychotropic drugs again includign tramadol but still am suicidal and just want to die. I have not recovered after over a week and my gut is like those three years of gut healing never happened, stool is all liquid. I am taking activated charcoal to try to mop up the leftover metals but nothing is happening. MY QS practitoner stopped answering emails (worst money ever spend but that is another story) Anybody know what to do? Please don´t tell me to do the Cutler protocol it got me so much worse and i do not tolerate any bentonie or zeolith either.

Last edited by a moderator:

Moof

I'm afraid I've no idea what IMD is, but just to say do please hang in there! Rest, fluids, electrolytes, repeat.

It'll come to an end...it may take a little while, but eventually your gut will recover. Then you can ceremonially throw it in the bin and swear never to go near it again! Meantime, do you have access to any H2 antihistamines as well as H1? They may help your gut calm down, blocking some of the excess histamine you're producing.

Please let us know how you're getting on. Hopefully, others who're more familiar with supplements may have better advice on how to get some relief until your system recovers. :hug: :hug: :hug:

ljimbo423

I am taking activated charcoal to try to mop up the leftover metals but nothing is happening.

I take 2.5 grams a day of charcoal as a powder in water, it's tasteless. and almost always feel improvement shortly after I take it. Can you increase your charcoal? That might be worth a try.

Although if it's heavy metals I don't know how effective charcoal is for them. It seems to be very good for lipopolysaccharides, which is why I take it.

I've had some really, really scary anxiety and panic attacks from over methylation and detoxing but they didn't last as long as your symptoms have. Hang in there, there has to be something to help.

I am not sure. I kind even climb a flight of stairs an its really scary. To ve honest i just wanna die. Not sure the charcoal is doing anything, i also take antihistamines but nothing is helping. its not only my gut I am in a lot of pain but the worst is the depression. I wish someone could chime in who has some experience with Quicksilver and IMD.

Victronix

Do you have a therapist of psychologist you see? I have no experience with Quicksilver and IMD but I have a lifetime of gut issues and have had severe depression as part of perimenopause -- it really is a battle to just HANG IN THERE until it is subsides. Sometimes it can help just to talk to someone directly, in person or on the phone.

Any gut issue for me that is severe, like an illness that affects it, will create depression, and it's awful. But the one thing is that you KNOW it is a physiological reaction directly because the gut is filled with serotonin (among other) brain receptors and they got damaged with whatever happened. They do recover, it just takes time.

I've also had very scary stuff of not being able to climb a set of stairs because the lowering of my estrogen had a severe impact on my muscles, joints and energy. Then when I got the nerve to do HRT, I had a huge reaction to estradiol (high cortisol) that my doctor had never seen before . . . Later I learned that people with some of my gene defects (APOE4) can have a very difficult time with low estrogen.

Anyway, I would consider posting in several forums, if you can find others. And ask yourself what has worked for you in the past to calm your system - it may just take longer to engage, but worth trying past solutions even if they don't seem to be working quickly.

There must be other QS practitioners you could reach out to -- maybe try calling the company and see if they have a list?

Consider taking time off from work or doing whatever you need to do to take care of yourself.

{{For those who don't know, I looked up IMD - "Quicksilver’s Intestinal Metal Detox (IMD) to chelate mercury and other toxic metals"}}

Last edited:

Wolfcub

Could it be the chelation has happened too rapidly?
I can't really advise, I'm sorry, as I have no experience of this, but I hope this will pass as quickly as possible for you. It is so horrid and uncomfortable. And a poor show that you are not getting any support from your practitioner.
My kindest thoughts for you :hug: I hope others will post who have experience.

Learner1

@Catrina84 I have used other Quicksilver products but not IMD.

As @Wolfcub mentioned, maybe it's too much too fast for you? Over years of chelating, I occasionally had extremely miserable intestinal symptoms when too much was moving too quickly that couldn't get out and was gett7ng reabsorbed. Binding it with the appropriate binder (or Quicksilver's Universal Binder) increasing Phase II and Phase III detox support, with curcumin, B1 and molybdenum helped me.

Have you looked into mast cell diseases? Beyond H1 and H2 antihistamines, 1.6g cromolyn sodium a day has helped me, and increasing B5 and vitamin C (to 9g/day) has helped as has optimizing methylation. And maybe DAO?

Best wishes.

LINE

Best guess is a release of toxins - I second the bulk charcoal which has been very helpful for me. r-Lipoic acid might be considered, very powerful binder to toxins. Too bad you cannot tolerate any of the clays which have always helped, I just switched from zeolite to pascalite.

Vitamin E (as d-alpha) is seldom mentioned but is a powerful antioxidant and works in the fat soluble toxins. Another thing to consider is lecithin (sunflower based not soybean) which will help the cell membranes be more stable. Toxins attack cell membranes which cause a myriad of problems. ( vitamin E also protects the cell membranes).

kangaSue

I have no experience with it, but I have just started researching a detox silicone gel that I came across today,
Enterosgel.

It's an intestinal adsorbent, so not absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract nor metabolised and is excreted unchanged. It's said to bind and remove toxic substances, pathogenic bacteria and allergens from the body without causing deficiencies in other essential substances such as calcium, vitamins or microelements, along with having pronounced ability to absorb and eliminate lipopolysaccharide molecules and being looked into for use in IBS-D

It was used to detox people with radiation sickness after exposure to the Chernobyl nuclear plant disaster.

It's an over the counter product.
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-019-42176-z
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3303575/

LINE

Best guess is a release of toxins - I second the bulk charcoal which has been very helpful for me. r-Lipoic acid might be considered, very powerful binder to toxins. Too bad you cannot tolerate any of the clays which have always helped, I just switched from zeolite to pascalite.

Vitamin E (as d-alpha) is seldom mentioned but is a powerful antioxidant and works in the fat soluble toxins. Another thing to consider is lecithin (sunflower based not soybean) which will help the cell membranes be more stable. Toxins attack cell membranes which cause a myriad of problems. ( vitamin E also protects the cell membranes).

Another potent detox is chlorella (I used Clean Chlorella which is guaranteed to be pure vs. other products (I am not affiliated with them).

If clays cannot be tolerated by the gut, then making a paste and putting it under the tongue is quite effective.