• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Tell TODAY SHOW: Have medical professionals ever dismissed your symptoms?

Mary

Moderator Resource
This is for women only: https://www.today.com/health/tell-t...ssionals-ever-dismissed-your-symptoms-t150310

It's National Women's Health Week (who even knew there was such a thing!)

I received notice of this from an OMF email - I can't copy a link to it here, but it said:
Tell Your Story to The TODAY Show - It's National Women's Health Week

Calling all women with ME/CFS whose illness has been dismissed by their doctors!

Now is the time to contact The Today Show. The Today Show is asking women to submit their stories (during Women's Health Week - May 13-18) about having their health concerns dismissed by their doctor. Let's tell them how widespread of a problem this is for ME/CFS patients. Help us raise awareness about the serious impact ME/CFS has had on your life.

Visit this link and tell your story today: https://www.today.com/health/tell-today-have-medical-professionals-ever-dismissed-your-symptoms-t150310.

Help us raise awareness about the serious impact ME/CFS has had on your life. The more stories we share, the more you can help OMF raise awareness and funds to find a cure for ME/CFS.

#MayMomentum

Wolfcub

This will definitely help to raise awareness for ME/CFS @Mary Thank you!
I wouldn't be surprised if almost all women on this board (and men too, though this of course is about womens' health) have met with some level of dismissal from medical professionals.
I didn't quite enter that territory because I backed off before it got to that but I could see it coming.